PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the NFL Playoffs?

jfloydb
January 10th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Who do you think will win the Superbowl?

...go Minnesota Vikings!

Icehuck
January 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I hate Favre and I also hate the Packers. I can only really go with the Colts I guess.

00ber n00b
January 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah, Brady really dropped the ball on this one. (Pun intended, also literally...he literally dropped the ball. lol)

Icehuck
January 10th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Brady really dropped the ball on this one. (Pun intended, also literally...he literally dropped the ball. lol)

The patriots really looked horrible.

00ber n00b
January 10th, 2010, 10:42 PM
The patriots really looked horrible.

Everytime. They start moving down the field. Short pass game looks awesome. Brady goes for his 4th completion of the drive and what'ya know it's picked off.

Icehuck
January 10th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I have a feeling the Cardinals are going to win their game.

00ber n00b
January 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling the Cardinals are going to win their game.

Watching as we speak. First play of game was a good indication. :D

Icehuck
January 10th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Watching as we speak. First play of game was a good indication. :D

Gotta agree. We'll see what happens on this next possession for Green Bay.

HappyFeet
January 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I hate Favre and I also hate the Packers. I can only really go with the Colts I guess.

COLTS BABY!!!!!
http://www.throwbackguy.com/images/colts%20logo.png
Btw, it was great to see the patriots lose.

magmon
January 11th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I'm not watching because the broncos have already sucked their way out of the running, but I can hear my grandpa yelling "BULL CRAP" through the floor, so I'd guess it's some bad football.

wavery
January 11th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Chargers v. Cowboys (pains me to say)

00ber n00b
January 11th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Wow! What happened with the GB and cardinals game? When I left cardinals were up by 14-0. Now its tied at 38?!

overdrank
January 11th, 2010, 01:54 AM
OT yay finally a good game :)
Over time :)

00ber n00b
January 11th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Great game...

00ber n00b
January 11th, 2010, 02:01 AM
tisk tisk Rodgers!

forrestcupp
January 11th, 2010, 02:10 AM
That Cardinals game was close.

The Colts are going to kick the crap out of Baltimore, then San Diego, then New Orleans. ;)

chucky chuckaluck
January 11th, 2010, 03:03 AM
The Colts are going to kick the crap out of Baltimore, then San Diego, then New Orleans. ;)

that might be true were this still the regular season.

Queue29
January 11th, 2010, 04:16 AM
http://www.texasconstable.com/imglib/438px_Dallas_Cowboys_svg111107072248.png

mharrison
January 11th, 2010, 04:30 AM
What a good weekend for Football.

Cowboys beat the Eagles
Ravens beat Tom Terrific.

I've got Cowboys v Ravens for my picks. I think they have the momentum going in and are going to be hard to stop.

doorknob60
January 11th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I'm gonna have to go for either that Cardinals or Chargers. I'd be happy with either of them making it :) Also I like the Jets. If the Cardinals end up playing the Jets or Chargers in the SUper Bowl though, I honestly don't know who I'll root for. I'm leaning towards Arizona though :)

Simon17
January 11th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I'm feeling very conflicted this year. It would be awesome if the Vikings went all the way, but if they won their first ever Superbowl and it was with Favre, well that just wouldn't be right.

LookTJ
January 11th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Ravens vs Cardinals for me.

forrestcupp
January 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM
All of you Colts scoffers will just have to wait and see. It was dumb that they benched their starters the last two games, but I still think it's our year.

shadow of the locust
January 11th, 2010, 01:53 PM
in my country football is played with feet, and even though i know nothing about the nfl i have a couple of packers shirts so i suppose i support them.

it seems as though it was a good game even though they lost.

forrestcupp
January 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
in my country football is played with feet

Then you should call it feetball. ;)

In our country the football is shaped more like a foot, so we call it football. :)

shadow of the locust
January 11th, 2010, 02:28 PM
In our country the football is shaped more like a foot, so we call it football. :)

if your feet are that oval and bulbous, you should seek the advice of a podiatrist immediately. :p

steev182
January 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Shadow of the locust - I thought GAA football was played with the hands too =)

As the Giants didn't make it, (going from 5-0 to 8-8 is just terrible, I think the depth charts need a little work) I think Favre, as much as people hate him in America, has a lot to prove. He went back to Football for the love of it. He made a mistake announcing his intention to retire with the Packers, then when he decided to come back, I think he was treated a little badly by them. The year at the Jets started alright but then his shoulder (i think) went out on him. I'm glad he went to Minnesota once his rehab was finished and he has lasted the season, so if he can squeeze out that last bit of strength and longevity, it would be a fitting end for him to play in Miami.

Although as a team, the Saints have been great this season, they started the Giants' fall this season and Jeremy Shockey is my favourite Tight End (his no. 80 sits on my Giants jersey).

All being said, I've not seen the games from this weekend yet, being downloaded, but NFC Conference will be Saints vs Vikings, AFC will be Jets vs Indianapolis and then I have no idea after. I wouldn't mind any of those teams winning the superbowl.

shadow of the locust
January 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Shadow of the locust - I thought GAA football was played with the hands too =)

haha, i wouldnt watch a gaelic match if it was taking place in my back garden. its just brawling with a ball thrown in as an afterthought.

steev182
January 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Can we just agree on one thing, all of these different versions of football are better than Cricket ;)

shadow of the locust
January 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Can we just agree on one thing, all of these different versions of football are better than Cricket ;)

id have to agree that just about anything is better than cricket.

forrestcupp
January 11th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I think Favre, as much as people hate him in America, has a lot to prove. He went back to Football for the love of it. He made a mistake announcing his intention to retire with the Packers, then when he decided to come back, I think he was treated a little badly by them.

I guess Brett Favre has a lot in common with Jay Leno, doesn't he? :D

jfloydb
January 17th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Here we are again! Hate to see Warner go down! But I'm leaning toward the Saints...

It's half-time. Who are you rooting for. Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

mkendall
January 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Now that the Packers are out, I'm rooting for Favre. (Not the Vikings, just Favre.)

jfloydb
January 17th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Now that the Packers are out, I'm rooting for Favre. (Not the Vikings, just Favre.)

I know what you mean. But I'm surprised how many people (at least in my part of the world) hate Favre.

...I guess the Cardinals are done (watching the game).

...well, the Ravens are through. Not a very interesting game, watching the Colts beat-up on the Ravens.

jfloydb
January 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Minnesota Vikings vs. Dallis Cowboys is about to start!!

Go Favre! Let the haters be... thwarted!

00ber n00b
January 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Vikings have this one...

mamamia88
January 17th, 2010, 08:41 PM
only when colts are playing

jfloydb
January 18th, 2010, 02:43 AM
What about those Jets?!

Next week the Conference Championships! Should be good...

Simon17
January 18th, 2010, 02:47 AM
The Vikings pwned today.

witeshark17
January 18th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Bret played at about his best. Very impressive! :popcorn:

doorknob60
January 18th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Woot Jets :D I say Jets all the way :D My #2 would be Saints, then Vikings, then Colts (don't really care about Colts at all :P).

steev182
January 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
All being said, I've not seen the games from this weekend yet, being downloaded, but NFC Conference will be Saints vs Vikings, AFC will be Jets vs Indianapolis and then I have no idea after. I wouldn't mind any of those teams winning the superbowl.

That was a nice and accurate prediction there! The Jets game was a bit of a nail-biter, but the chargers missing 3 field goals whilst they had home advantage was pretty unforgivable, also throwing an interception, which lead to a Jets TD was bad from a Chargers perspective too!

The Saints and Vikings game will be a hard game to call, and Jets will have it pretty hard in their game against the Colts as they didn't show to be amazingly potent this weekend, if Peyton Manning can really show he's the MVP of this year, I don't think the Colts have a problem of getting into the Superbowl.

My head says the Superbowl will be Colts vs Saints, but my heart says Jets vs Vikings.

jfloydb
January 24th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Watching Jets and Colts. Good game, so far. But I see the Colts getting stronger and the Jets getting a bit shaky.

doorknob60
January 24th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Watching Jets and Colts. Good game, so far. But I see the Colts getting stronger and the Jets getting a bit shaky.

Yeah, I hope the Jets can pull it off though :) Maybe the 4th quarter will be like their 2nd :D

coolbrook
January 24th, 2010, 11:35 PM
It's nice to think that we'll see a team that hasn't been NFC champion in a long time. On a side note, I've installed Arch and 'Superman Returns' is playing very well in Xine. I'm setting this up for someone else, but I'm getting a kick out of the performance. I might just throw a Super Bowl DVD in there to get this back on topic.

:popcorn:

jfloydb
January 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Has anyone noticed that when the TV networks advertize the Who as the Super Bowl half-time show, they show old video clips of the Who? I like the Who, but I'm afraid that the half-time show is going to be 2 old guys (Daltry and Townsend) plus 2 other guys. To me, the half-time shows have usually been bad, but this year it might actually be sad...

amazingtaters
January 24th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Looks like the Jets are faltering. Really too bad. As a lifelong Chiefs fan I'd like to see Tony Richardson win the Lamar Hunt trophy.

jfloydb
January 25th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Saints vs. Vikings! 3rd Quarter! 21 21! Favre has an ankle injury! Now the Vikings fumble! Now the Saints (should) have a touch-down! I feel the momentum going against the Vikings! 28 21 Saints! I so wanted Bret Favre to go to the Super Bowl! (I sort of feel like I'm on Twitter)

JDShu
January 25th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Game has gotten really sloppy.

jfloydb
January 25th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Game has gotten really sloppy.

True. The Vikings could/should have won this game by now. Now we are in over-time!

Simon17
January 25th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Damn Vikings should have won this. Reminds me of when Gary Anderson missed that kick in 99.

jfloydb
January 25th, 2010, 04:45 AM
The chips have fallen. The Colts and Saints are in the Super Bowl. I now have to root for the Saints. See you all in 2 weeks.

I may watch the Pro Bowl next weekend. Question: Do you like the idea of playing the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl, or Should the PB follow the SB? Personally, I think the PB should Follow the SB. What's your opinion?

garvinrick4
January 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Always been Saints fan happy they won. Still would have liked to see Favre go out
on a big Note. Cannot have both.
Saints gonna win the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Kingsley
January 25th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Good games. I got 150 fantasy points for this round.

CharlesA
January 25th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I really would have loved to see Favre go to the Super Bowl, but they played a good game and lost.

Rooting for the Colts! Hopefully it'll be a good game. If not, there's always the commercials! :popcorn:

pwnst*r
January 25th, 2010, 05:03 AM
It's a win, but not a very impressive one. A good game though.

mamamia88
January 25th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Colts FTW