PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] In Place Upgrade to Studio 9.10 with DVD?

VideoRoy
January 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I am setting up a triple boot system until I can retire some of my Windows video apps. Spent the day yesterday getting all hardware and Windows versions working and ready to install Ubuntu Studio 9.10.

I practiced using regular Ubuntu 9.10 before I found out there was a Studio version that met my needs so I burned the DVD and booted to the Studio install. When I got the text based install I aborted because my triple boot was a little complicated and using the GUI installer I knew where all the advanced option were that were not obvious in the text based. So I did a plain Ubuntu 9.10 got my triple boot working and that is where I am now.

A couple questions:
1. I found the Upgrade Studio guide in the doc section and it looks pretty straight forward except for the time required downloading packages. Could I just use the Studio DVD I already have to do some sort of in place upgrade?

2. Does the text based installer for Studio have some of the same Advanced options for telling Grub2 where to put the bootloader files?

Any help is appreciated.