PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 9.0 probs

no good on pc's jon
January 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
ever sins i up dated my pc from ubuntu 8.0 to 9.0 my internet has been running so slow it would be qwiker by post even with strikes lol & the memory seems to be over half full all the time is their any way i can go back to 8.0 with out losing my my private data or transfering it to a mobile disk drive as i have to much data on my hard drive or is ther a easy way to fix this? i have done up dated on firefox but its even slower now! can any 1 help me please many thanks jon:(

mörgæs
January 11th, 2010, 04:31 AM
You can not go back to an earlier version without a clean install and back-up of your data.

Is it only Firefox being slow or also other internet applications?

no good on pc's jon
January 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
thanks for helping mate i went on the up date manager & hit the check button had to put my pass word in & it found loads more up dates! i never had to hit that button before it use to do it automaticly but it seems to be working better than before the ram is sitting @ 25% in use of programs & 25% in use as cache i have 2gb ram is that normal or is that high thanks for your help & happy new year jon:D

mörgæs
January 11th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Congratulations.

If you run the command
top you can see which application is using the memory (in the column %MEM). Push Q for quit.

On a newly booted computer standing idle only a few percent of the 2 GB should be in use. You can keep top in the background and open your favourite applications to see which is using the memory.

Also happy new year to you.

mörgæs
January 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
By the way, people tend to refer to the Ubuntu versions using the full number, for example 9.10. The number indicates year and month of the release.

no good on pc's jon
January 12th, 2010, 12:53 AM
ok thanks ubuntu 9.10 it is working but adobe flash player problem now i click to play but it cant find the file to open it i have got adobe flash player 10 installed & i even reinstalled just to make Shaw it didnt have any missing files but it still dont work i even installed google chrome internet explorer to see if that helped but no joy any ideas why it cant find the flash player thanks for your help guys jon ;)

mörgæs
January 12th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I don't know much about Flash, because it just works on my Ubuntu :-)

You could try Google on this site with the command
flash -64 site:http://ubuntuforums.org or open a new thread with Flash in the title.

( -64 because you probably don't want to see posts about Flash on 64 bit Ubuntu).