PDA

View Full Version : looking for link to online scrabble game (free)

Chris Edgell
January 10th, 2010, 04:58 PM
When I was at my sister's I played a scrabble-LIKE game, it has about 10 rows of words and you drag those words onto a scrabble board. It was loads of fun and it was free (at least at the time).

Anyone know the link?

I don't want to ask my sister.

Thanks

doorknob60
January 10th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Not quite the same thing but I'd imagine you'd enjoy it :) http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=bookworm

sanderella
January 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM
www.isc.ro

Chris Edgell
January 11th, 2010, 12:14 AM
doorknob

almost, but not quite. But thanks

sanderella - not it eather, but thanks to you too.

HappyFeet
January 11th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Pyscrabble is in ubuntu's repos, and you can play online.

alexfish
January 11th, 2010, 01:43 AM
It would be nice if there was one here:D

Chris Edgell
January 11th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I went and looked, and maybe I can figure out for myself how much space it takes, (or is that swap space?) but no, there are SO many things to install, like 10 Python things...and it talks about so much more than scrabble in any form.

I appreciate your suggestion, maybe you can explain a little more, or someone else will come in on the topic of Pyscrabble.

But thanks!

Christine

Onyros
January 11th, 2010, 02:22 AM
http://www.wabble.org

Queue29
January 11th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Literati on games.yahoo.com is pretty good. Just need a yahoo account to play.

Chris Edgell
January 12th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I just want to say that the reason I look for "Play online" is that I am so afraid of "filling up" my space with stuff I don't even know how to get rid of.

Is "remove"/delete easy with downloaded games, etc. Where do downloads go? RAM? One day the concept w3ill be clear and I'll be embarrassed by the questions I've asked.

I'm going to try out some of these, but in the meantime, that "Bookworm" is not half bad as a word pastime. Thanks.

Chris Edgell
January 16th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I've found the game Ive been wanting to remember the name of...(bad grammar)

It's Word Slinger. But now I can't seem to install it. (You may know I've just been through the wringer trying to open a slide show and having to open Open Office Presentations because it was MS PowerPoint) All that took me almost four hours.

So you see, I have a hard time with thngs that don't happen for me...out of the box.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have downloaded at least the .exe to my desktop but then when I try to open it I get a GUI (if this is the right terminology) about ASCII and then get a downloaded page full of code. I can do screenshots if you need.

doorknob60
January 17th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Install wine from Synaptic and see if it works in Wine. Might, might not.

RabbitWho
January 17th, 2010, 10:36 AM
You can play it on facebook

Uch.

Chris Edgell
January 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi, doorknow and Rabbit,

I did just spend, what, an hour, trying to get it open with Wine...to no avail.
I feel like such a dunce at time...now, I don't know much at all about Facebook, although a friend of mine did "get me on there", so I am registered.

But like so recently, WMBI "told" me to contact them on Facebook and I couldn't see how...if I go there to my page, what do I do then? Can you enlighten me on that point, can you help me Rabbit (or of course anyone who will)?!

I do get to my page and enter Word Slinger in the search box; when I get there I seem to have just come upon their website and I have the same old offer to download, I take it and then there it is on my desktop but when I try to open it (even now, with Wine)...it doesn't open. (I guess I thought I could play it, right there on facebook.)

Thank you very much
Christine