PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu live cd

Janos1
January 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hi to all.This is my first post and my first time i touch linux base program.
Downloaded Ubuntu Live CD and try to install.Follow every instruction could not
load the program.5day long try,reed the forum,try most of the suggested thing,no luck.
Four HD,non of them work,people talking about video card,bought 3 because i hade Nvidia 7950GT,dos not work,i try a FX not work,bought Ati not work.So reed the forum
again,somebody told try to play with your BIOS.I play with BIOS,now all HD working,
all video card working,load CD wit no time.My MB :MSI P35,go to BIOS,advenced future,
and CPU FUTURE.There is two line,-----Execute bit support, (enabled)
------Set limitCPUID MAX VAL 3 (enabled)
since that adjustment everything is working.Maybe this is some help to some people.

phillw
January 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hi & welcome to the forums - That's what i like - someone who goes digging for the information & sorts it out.

Thanks for posting what you did, it may well help someone else.

:popcorn:

Hope it didn't put you off Ubuntu - It's all easier once it is running - honest !!!

Regards,

Phill.

Janos1
January 10th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Ji and thank you,it just give me more strength,so i can remember 1989 when i started with
Computer,286/40Meg HD .That time i enjoyed DOS,then Window took over because of laziness. Hop don't need window any more.

nishant.singh28
January 10th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I've used every Windows variant to ever have hit the market and let me tell you, I'm not missing Windows. I have use Windows since 1995 when I was a5 yr old kid and got more and more frustrated with it as time went by. Switched to Linux dual boot in July on my own Laptop, had problems, kept trying. October: Finally find Karmic supporting my hardware well. November, it's bye bye Windows. And we're living happily ever after. Believe me, no one needs Windows except the MS folks: it's their source of income that's all. :D