PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Can't install ubuntu minimal on Acer Inspire One

Buce
January 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I can't seem to install ubuntu minimal off the alternate CD on my new Acer Inspire One. Using an external CD drive doesn't seem to work. When I create a bootable usb with unetbootin fails when it tries to mount a cd drive. The only advice I can dig up is to do a default install off the live cd, but that's not what I want -- I need a minimal install.

I have access to a usb drive, blank cd and dvd disks, a desktop computer, and my Acer. The desktop has windows xp, a version of ubuntu server 8.04 that hasn't been updated for a long time, and no internet connection. It also has an internal cd drive that can only read, not burn, disks, and which i have a usb adapter for. The Acer has internet and windows 7 starter.

If I really needed to, I could get access to a dvd burner. If I really really need to, I could get my desktop hooked up to the internet, but I'd have to lug the thing on the bus to work, so I'd prefer not to go that route.

Buce
January 12th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I ended up installing Netbook Remix for now, but if anyone knows how I can get Minimal on here, I'd be very appreciative.