PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Midi recording" programs

Affrikka
January 10th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Hey everyone!

I recently hooked my digital piano into my computer, and now that I got everything working smoothly i'm wondering if theres any "sound recorders" out there that can record my "midi keyboard" (hooked through USB) so that I can record myself and open it in Sibelius.

thanks!

Mathieu

Affrikka
January 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM
bump

Enigmapond
January 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
LMMS is good. You might want to just install the whole Ubuntu-Studio suite. There are lots of cool apps and plugins.

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-studio

Affrikka
January 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
awesome! thank you so much!

EDIT: I tried the command you gave me, it says it can't find a "ubuntu studio" package, I did some searching and I can't really find an exact command, only DVD images...which I don't want to reinstall my entire computer I have important stuff on here :P

markbuntu
January 10th, 2010, 10:09 PM
You can find the ubuntustudio meta packages easier with Synaptic package manager. it is a big download and you need to set up jack which can be tricky.

You might want to just get rosegarden which can bring you some more immediate results.

There are a lot of how tos and wikis around about setting up and using ubuntustudio and jack. You should look at some of them before doing anything to avoid confusion and frustration.