PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of old stuff?

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I have an acer aspire one zg5 which, although I love the little thing, isn't practical for me to keep. What should I do with it? How do you get rid of your stuff?

Tipped OuT
January 10th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Sell it? Burn it?

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Sell it? Burn it?

Well of course sell it lol. But how? I don't think a standard yard sale will work.

fatcrab
January 10th, 2010, 04:36 AM
eBay

RiceMonster
January 10th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Burn it?

Always the best idea.

whiskeylover
January 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I've never traded anything but here's a good place to get rid of your unwanted stuff
http://www.freecycle.org/

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
eBay

That was the first thing I considered. In all honesty, I'm far too lazy to figure out the shipping, sign up, and list stuff. Not in that order, of course. However, if this is the only way, I guess I'll go set up an account xD.

Added a poll just cuz.

pwnst*r
January 10th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Tough question.

Tipped OuT
January 10th, 2010, 04:43 AM
That was the first thing I considered. In all honesty, I'm far too lazy to figure out the shipping, sign up, and list stuff. Not in that order, of course. However, if this is the only way, I guess I'll go set up an account xD.

Yeah eBay is pretty good. Pretty easy to rip people off too :P. You just need to make a Paypal account, and you need to know about how much the shipping will cost for your item. You can check it out at your local post office.

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Yeah eBay is pretty good. Pretty easy to rip people off too :P. You just need to make a Paypal account, and you need to know about how much the shipping will cost for your item. You can check it out at your local post office.

Ebay would be nice because I have a few old or partially functional computers which people would go nuts over on ebay xD. It's also nice because I don't have to get up to buy or sell stuff xD.

pwnst*r
January 10th, 2010, 04:50 AM
In all honesty, I'm far too lazy to figure out the shipping, sign up, and list stuff.

It's also nice because I don't have to get up to buy or sell stuff xD.

Far too lazy. Understatement. http://i50.tinypic.com/2zel7r9.gif

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Far too lazy. Understatement. http://i50.tinypic.com/2zel7r9.gif

It's not the fact that I have to get up that bothers me, it's the fact that I have to talk to people. I'm not a very social creature when it comes to interacting with people.

Tipped OuT
January 10th, 2010, 04:54 AM
It's not the fact that I have to get up that bothers me, it's the fact that I have to talk to people. I'm not a very social creature when it comes to interacting with people.

Well unless you're selling software, you're going to have to interact with someone.

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Well unless you're selling software, you're going to have to interact with someone.

Not face to face =P. It would be hard to explain lol. Back on topic >.>, what to use?

Dayofswords
January 10th, 2010, 05:02 AM
could always toss it my way;)

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 05:03 AM
could always toss it my way;)

200 bucks and it's yours =P.

drawkcab
January 10th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Give/Trade it to one your friends who wants a laptop.

Tipped OuT
January 10th, 2010, 06:07 AM
200 bucks and it's yours =P.

Well what are the specs? I need a new laptop.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw it was a netbook. Silly me.

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Well what are the specs? I need a new laptop.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw it was a notebook. Silly me.

It's sweet for a netbook though xD. I understand completely, I would never want a netbook for every day computing.

ikacer
January 10th, 2010, 06:56 AM
How do you get rid of your stuff?

pawnshop?

juancarlospaco
January 10th, 2010, 07:15 AM
http://freelinuxbox.org/flb_logo.png (http://freelinuxbox.org/)

magmon
January 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
pawnshop?

None in my town, or I'd consider it lol.

How do they pay? I'd guess they under pay you almost every time.

t0p
January 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Well of course sell it lol.

Why "of course sell it"? I rarely/never sell my old stuff. If I don't need it, someone who does can have it.

But I don't very often give stuff away either. I'm one of nature's little hoarders, like squirrels and scrap yard owners. My home is crammed full of stuff - some things are useful, most are in that "potentially useful" category. Every couple of years or so I get a barmy "tidy up" head on, and I scoop up everything and ship it off to the charity shop or the scrap yard. Whether I need it or not, hyuk hyuk hyuk...

AllRadioisDead
January 10th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Craigslist?

nothingspecial
January 10th, 2010, 11:05 PM
My wife tells me to put in the attic/garage and then she`s going to do a carboot sale/ get an eBay account etc.

She never does.

Then, about once every 18 months, when she`s out, I take the whole lot down to the tip/dump

and take the flak when she returns

alexfish
January 10th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I voted don't know

cos still using it :D

alexfish
January 10th, 2010, 11:26 PM
My wife tells me to put in the attic/garage and then she`s going to do a carboot sale/ get an eBay account etc.

She never does.

Then, about once every 18 months, when she`s out, I take the whole lot down to the tip/dump

and take the flak when she returns

Make sure she out more often.......;)

magmon
January 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Why "of course sell it"? I rarely/never sell my old stuff. If I don't need it, someone who does can have it.

Under regular circumstances, this would probly be my first choice. However, due a death in my immediate family, I need cash more than kindness.

I'm with the majority of you in the fact that I hoard everything that is potentially useful. In fact, I have 4 or 5 external HDDs.

sudoer541
January 11th, 2010, 12:30 AM
OOOH OOOH I know!!!

give it to Good will or to the Salvation army.

chucky chuckaluck
January 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM
check me out next season on "hoarders".

NoaHall
January 11th, 2010, 12:37 AM
check me out next season on "hoarders".

The word is that they can get piles of money.

magmon
January 11th, 2010, 12:40 AM
OOOH OOOH I know!!!

give it to Good will or to the Salvation army.

Under regular circumstances, this would probly be my first choice. However, due a death in my immediate family, I need cash more than kindness.

I'm with the majority of you in the fact that I hoard everything that is potentially useful. In fact, I have 4 or 5 external HDDs.

Reading is helpful =P.

I bet the hoarders on TV make stupid cash for all the crap they've saved over the years lol.

Vignesh S
January 11th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Ebay without a single doubt. I hate having any old junk here. If it isn't doing anything useful or conducive, then I get rid of it/give it away (if that's possible), end of story :-P