PDA

View Full Version : sansa fuze question

chris200x9
January 10th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I just got a sansa fuze I'm running linux I have it in msc mode all my music is the same (192 kbs ogg) and all my music is on my player but I can't see much of it. I go to music > artist and I immideatly see many of my artist are not listed, even if i look for the songs by name I cannot find them.

gnomeuser
January 10th, 2010, 02:59 AM
I've often found that the msc mode is a bit weird, at least all my tracks required me to go to the folders menu. I would advise try with mtp instead and rememeber to ensure that the firmware is updated.

chris200x9
January 10th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I've often found that the msc mode is a bit weird, at least all my tracks required me to go to the folders menu. I would advise try with mtp instead and rememeber to ensure that the firmware is updated.

can I do that from terminal without some fancy player like banshee? I read linux should use msc.

gnomeuser
January 10th, 2010, 03:21 AM
can I do that from terminal without some fancy player like banshee? I read linux should use msc.

There are cli tools but I have never used them

sandyd
January 10th, 2010, 03:27 AM
just use the instructions here
http://www.sansacommunity.com/forum/thread/11756/How-to-force-the-MSC-mode-on-a-Sansa-player/

as long as your music is tagged correctly i.e. you can see the music tags (album, songs, etc) from your music player (banshee, amarok, songbird) or whatever, you can just drag n drop

chris200x9
January 10th, 2010, 03:43 AM
just use the instructions here
http://www.sansacommunity.com/forum/thread/11756/How-to-force-the-MSC-mode-on-a-Sansa-player/

as long as your music is tagged correctly i.e. you can see the music tags (album, songs, etc) from your music player (banshee, amarok, songbird) or whatever, you can just drag n drop

I can't seem to get it to work but I'm fairly certain im in msc mode since i can drag and drop, only some of my music doen't show up

sandyd
January 10th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I can't seem to get it to work but I'm fairly certain im in msc mode since i can drag and drop, only some of my music doen't show up
means its not tagged correctly
use easytag or something

chris200x9
January 10th, 2010, 03:49 AM
means its not tagged correctly
use easytag or something

yes thank you :)

edit: can the sansa fuze not read ID3v2 tags? Because my music is tagged. Just wondering I solved it through the folder veiw anyway though.