PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reinstallation of 9.04 and some issues

mvalenti
January 9th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Been running a dual boot 9.04 with xp 64 on an Acer 8730 laptop and I found it time to fiddle around again....Remove xp altogether and if I need it run it virtually. I reinstalled the 64 bit version and came across a few things..

1. I forgot to make a separate home partition, I think I can figure this out seems straight forward.

2. When partitioning I couldn't see any option to make the /Root with the "noatime" option...Speed is king right?

3. Saw this "How to: Create a complete, snappy and beautiful Ubuntu Desktop", beautiful thread. I decided to follow it.. Ran into the above issue and then another two...

4. My video card is nvidia 9600m 1 GB, I am using the 180 driver. I enabled desktop effects. I had installed compiz, but its not in any of the pulldown menus.I thought it was before, or could have been on a previous release 32 bit I had installed before I knew of the 64 bit distro.

5. The thread mentioned in #3 above says use CLI option from F4 during ubuntu installation, I have no CLI option there...again 64 bit....

Any help is greatly appreciated...

-Mark