PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] X-nautilus-desktop

bugs2beatles
January 9th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hi Guys,
I use Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 on my P4, 256 MB RAM, 80 GB SATA HD, DELL Monitor. Its been working fine till today morning. After a restart, My Desktop Wallpaper was gone. Instead there was a blank White Screen and further, all the icons in the Desktop folder were lined up against the White background. and finally I got an Error message as below. The Transmission program now fails to download anything as I keep getting an Error message saying "Can't find Download Folder". Where in fact Downloads folder is very much there in the Places button. Lastly, The Desktop folder is empty. The entire Desktop feel & Customisation is gone. poof...!! I really don't know much about Terminal stuff. So If anyone could kindly guide me through step by step of the whole workaround I would be extremely grateful. PLEASE. PLEASE....

COULD NOT DISPLAY "x-nautilus-desktop:///".
Error: DBus error
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gTk.vfs.Daemon was not provided by any .service files
Please select another viewer and try again.

So that was the error I got. Restarts just don't help. All other settings remain. Except personal Desktop Environment preferences aka Wallpaper, icons within the Desktop folder and last but not least, all these icons from Desktop folder being clumped around each other against the blank White Screen...Please help..I've attached a screen shot of the error message as well..:-)