PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blacklist

jncocontrol
January 9th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Hey, i'm trying to install Ubuntu 9.10.

I requested a Live CD via mail, So it should work fine, I've even did a disc check, and it even said it's fine.

But anyways, When i try to install Ubuntu 9.10 It always give me a "terminated with status <whatever number>" Sometimes it's 2 sometimes it 255.
But as i roam the forums i found out i could bypass it by adding this code into the installation
Intel_agp.blacklist=yes
Is there a way i can add this code to the start-up of Ubuntu so it could work fine, so that i can use ubuntu without trouble? If that makes any sense.

If anyone can help me out here, i would greatly appreciate it.

mikewhatever
January 9th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Well, this, so called, code, needs to be added as a boot option to the boot line. To get to the boot line, hit f6 at the live cd menu, then don't choose anything and hit Esc, then type the option you want to add to the boot line right below the menu.

jncocontrol
January 9th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Well, this, so called, code, needs to be added as a boot option to the boot line. To get to the boot line, hit f6 at the live cd menu, then don't choose anything and hit Esc, then type the option you want to add to the boot line right below the menu.

I know that already, I already tested it out and it bypassed the "terminated with status <number>" problem was i having with it.
But i wanna know is how can add that Permanently to my boot option,
So that i maybe able to use ubuntu without the "terminated with status <number>" problem again.

Cause i did that, Installed it, Restarted computer, and WA-LAH, Terminated with status.

mikewhatever
January 9th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Open /etc/default/grub for editing, find the following line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

and add your boot option with the final result being:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash Intel_agp.blacklist=yes"

save and exit, then rub <sudo update-grub>.

jncocontrol
January 9th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Open /etc/default/grub for editing, find the following line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

and add your boot option with the final result being:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash Intel_agp.blacklist=yes"

save and exit, then rub <sudo update-grub>.

What you mean by rub, Sorry if this sounds like a retarded question.

mikewhatever
January 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
What you mean by rub, Sorry if this sounds like a retarded question.

Sorry, that was supposed to be 'run'.