PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compaq Presario CQ60

charlescarroll1
January 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM
So I bought a new laptop from my work: a Compaq Presario CQ60-514NR. Its a decent laptop and definitely an upgrade from my Dell Inspiron 1501. It came pre-installed with Windows 7 (and a bunch of useless software trials...). Anyways, I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10. The Ubuntu install went a lot more smoothly than it did on my Inspiron, but it still has a few problems.

1) I am getting sound, but when I plug in my external speakers, I am still getting sound from only my internal laptop speakers.

2) I am not able to adjust the brightness with the function keys. I can only adjust it from the brightness applet.

3) The button that disables the cursor pad doesn't work. It turns red as it would in Windows, signifying that it is turned off, but it is still active.

4) I am a little uneasy that there are only 3 (minor) issues with the Ubuntu install. It seems too good to be true... The Inspiron was a pain the *** to set up Ubuntu.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix any of these problems, please let me know. Thanks :)

jjjjeremy
February 12th, 2010, 10:32 PM
same exact problems with me.

I am sure that the brightness can be easily set by making your own keyboard shortcut.

Also, for me, the wireless button only turns off the wireless, but doesn't turn the wireless back on when it is off. I'll post more problems when I have them. not if, when.

Battery is also not so great, but that is to be expected.

jjjjeremy
February 12th, 2010, 11:04 PM
For kickers, different shortcuts aren't working. It might be that it's working on the keyboard, and the signal is going to the computer, but it's just not translating into an actual screen change. or something a bit more technical than that

noamb
March 30th, 2010, 07:18 PM
i have the same problems, did anyone find a solution ot any of these? any direction at where to start from?

noamb
July 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
the issue with the headphones was finally solved. go here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1467218&page=2

charlescarroll1
November 24th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Updated to Ubuntu 10.10 and the audio jack and brightness function keys are now working correctly.

However, turning off the trackpad still does not deactivate it.