PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GRRR! Buttons don't work

myolbug
January 8th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I don't know WTF is going on, but after this latest kernel upgrade, flash is glitchy and buttons don't work.

For example, some videos I can't watch. I click the play button and nothing happens. Another thing, while watching a youtube video, I try and click HD or full screen and the buttons look like they are being pressed, but again, nothing happens. This button thing is on other sites as well.

I feel like I am using Windows ME! I am starting to double think this whole Ubuntu thing. I have been having a lot of trouble with it.

I am current on all the updates and I have the latest version of flash.

argos3016
January 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Are you sure that is not the mouse?(seriously)

running_rabbit07
January 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Restart and use the previous kernel. It would also be helpful to know which Ubuntu you are using.

argos3016
January 8th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Any result (rebooting?)

myolbug
January 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Are you sure that is not the mouse?(seriously)

I get what you're saying, but there is an indication of the button being pushed, ie, changes color, etc, but nothing happens. It is mostly happening on Flash objects. Such as Youtube and other flash objects.

argos3016
January 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM
No idea

myolbug
January 8th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Restart and use the previous kernel. It would also be helpful to know which Ubuntu you are using.

Sorry for the lack of info, I have ubuntu 9.10 64 bit with the latest kernel, whichever was just released. I rebooted it after installing the new kernel.

running_rabbit07
January 8th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Sorry for the lack of info, I have ubuntu 9.10 64 bit with the latest kernel, whichever was just released. I rebooted it after installing the new kernel.

I would recommend just restarting and selecting the -16 kernel for a few days, then try again and run updates to see if it is fixed. If you haven't done so already, you should file a bug report so that the devs know about the problem. For the bug report you will need to include that the kernel is 2.6.31-17.

myolbug
January 10th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I would recommend just restarting and selecting the -16 kernel for a few days, then try again and run updates to see if it is fixed. If you haven't done so already, you should file a bug report so that the devs know about the problem. For the bug report you will need to include that the kernel is 2.6.31-17.

I have done this. Almost all of the Flash glitches are gone. I'll compile a bug report.

jmszr
January 10th, 2010, 08:45 AM
myolbug,

The bug has already been reported: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/410407?comments=all . Some workarounds are shown there.

Also, Ubuntu Geek has a post about it: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/fix-for-flash-is-not-recognizing-mouse-clicks.html

3rdalbum
January 10th, 2010, 09:54 AM
If you click outside the Flash movie, the next time you click inside it your click will be recognised.

What browser are you using?

argos3016
January 11th, 2010, 11:37 PM
If you can change to kernel 14 , because 17 caused me a xorg crash (and internet and mouse doesn't work)