PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] problem when trying to install

3n!Gma
January 8th, 2010, 05:14 PM
hello everybody,

I have Dell latitude505, and winxp workd perfecty on it. I tried so hard to repair the hardisk damages caused by a virus, but i couldn't .. my laptop do not recognizes any win cd, i tried with avira (based on ubuntu) and other probgrams but didn't succeed, so i thought that inux could solve the problem. i tried live cd session without any positive result, now that i try to install xubuntu/ubuntu/kubuntu, it shows several problems, this is what kubuntu install shows:

udevd[110]: worker [112] unexpectedly returned with status 0x0100
udevd[110]: worker [112] failed while handling '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.1/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda'

any suggestions?

chrisinspace
January 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
At what point do you see this error? While booting the live cd? What version of Kubuntu are you trying to use...9.10?

3n!Gma
January 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
the version is 9.10, and the error showd up after the boot, now it shows :

stdin: I/0 error

BusyBox v1.13.3 (ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu7) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) unable to find a medium containing a live file system

chrisinspace
January 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
the version is 9.10, and the error showd up after the boot, now it shows :

BusyBox v1.13.3 (ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu7) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) unable to find a medium containing a live file system

Sounds like an optical (CD/DVD) disk drive problem. Verify the ISO with the MD5 (just google it...plenty of how-tos out there). Are you even getting to the Ubuntu menu that gives the following options:

Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer
Install Ubuntu
Check disc for defects
etc

If so, run 'Check disc for defects'. You could also test the CD on another computer if you access to one.

3n!Gma
January 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
chrisinspace (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=434753) thanks for reply,

the cds i used are working perfectly on other computers, and i received them after a free cd request so they're original!

+ I tried that 'Check disc for defects' and it shows alot of err msgz :S

help!!

chrisinspace
January 8th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Then it may be that your CD/DVD Rom drive is bad. Definitely sounds like your machine is having problems reading the disk. A simple think to check is to make sure that the data cable going from the drive to the motherboard is tight. If that doesn't do it you may need to replace the drive.