PDA

View Full Version : Minimalist Desktop Theme (GNOME)

konqueror7
January 8th, 2010, 04:14 PM
title says it all,,,can't seen to find a decent one,,preferably with 2-3 tone themes...thanks

llawwehttam
January 8th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Try this apt line

sudo apt-get install arc-colors community-themes gdm-themes gnome-backgrounds gnome-colors gnome-themes gnome-themes-extras gnome-themes-more metacity-themes shiki-colors

They are all very nice.

konqueror7
January 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Try this apt line

sudo apt-get install arc-colors community-themes gdm-themes gnome-backgrounds gnome-colors gnome-themes gnome-themes-extras gnome-themes-more metacity-themes shiki-colors

They are all very nice.

thanks for the input, i have already most of them, but i'm looking more specifically to minimalistic themes...:D

konqueror7
January 11th, 2010, 07:59 AM
decided to create my own...:D

mobilediesel
January 11th, 2010, 08:10 AM
decided to create my own...:D

As someone who appreciates a minimalist desktop, I would like to see what you came up with.

Riffer
January 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM
That's half the fun of Linux, playing with your desktop. If you haven't check out the screenshot thread, always very impressive desktop design and tricks and tips on how to achieve them. One app that I found useful is Gnome-Color, an easy tool to use to change font colour as well as other stuff.

f-teem
January 11th, 2010, 08:21 AM
From my own expirience you can try gnome-look.org (if you haven't checked that site).
It has alot of themes that can satisfy your needs. :)

konqueror7
January 11th, 2010, 08:29 AM
got more replies after i marked the thread solved? hehe...

well, i'm basing my theme mainly on black, shades of gray, and aquamarine. hoping to get it to a minimalistic modern look.

oh, i have been one gnome-look.org long time....;) but to search something that doesn't allow you to specify what the theme is categorized will make me crazy scrolling and browsing for days just to find candidates...:D

f-teem
January 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
...but to search something that doesn't allow you to specify what the theme is categorized will make me crazy scrolling and browsing for days just to find candidates...:D

I gotta agree with you,gnome-look has a huge number of themes but it pisses me off that I have to search for THE theme for 2 days... :-) So (just like you) I always make my own theme that suits my needs :P

Pasdar
January 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Isn't gnome already minimalist? Even more minimalist? Fluxbox?