PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless connection for intel pro 2200BG

jayaram reddy
January 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Dear frnds...

I am new to linux. Recently i have installed ubuntu 9.10 desktop versioni386 in my laptop. I am using Intel Pro 2200BG wireless card. I think my wireless card is not detected.

At terminal I typed iwcong and the output is:

Lo No Wireless Extensions.

Eth0 No Wireless Extensions.

Eth1 Unassociated ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed channel =0 access point:not-associated
Bit rate : 0kb/s Tx-Power = 20 Dm Sensitivity = 8/0
Retry Limit:7 Rts thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key :old
Power Management :off
Link Quality:0 signal level :0 Noise lrvel:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt :0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed bearon:0

Do I need to install any packages?..
Please help me.....

:confused:

coffeecat
January 8th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I am new to linux. Recently i have installed ubuntu 9.10 desktop versioni386 in my laptop. I am using Intel Pro 2200BG wireless card. I think my wireless card is not detected.

Oh, but I think it is. :wink:

The Intel 2200BG wireless chipset should work out of the box with Karmic (9.10). Or at least it does on my old laptop with the 2200BG wireless.

On the top panel, near the right, probably next to the volume control icon, you'll find the network manager applet icon. Click on it. Do you see any wireless networks listed? If yes, then it's working. Can you see yours? If yes, click on it and enter your passkey where prompted.

jayaram reddy
January 10th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Oh, but I think it is. :wink:

The Intel 2200BG wireless chipset should work out of the box with Karmic (9.10). Or at least it does on my old laptop with the 2200BG wireless.

On the top panel, near the right, probably next to the volume control icon, you'll find the network manager applet icon. Click on it. Do you see any wireless networks listed? If yes, then it's working. Can you see yours? If yes, click on it and enter your passkey where prompted.

No...it is not listed there....i am confused..

coffeecat
January 10th, 2010, 11:32 AM
No...it is not listed there....i am confused..

What do you mean? What is not listed there? Your network, or any network? Are any networks showing? Can you find the network manager applet icon?