PDA

View Full Version : OpenTTD won't start [EasyPeasy]

Alseimik
January 8th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Guys

I have an EasyPeasy version of the ubuntu (nothing heavily changed, only some apps added and themes, of what i know) And i have tried to install OpenTTD on it by .deb packages, and everything seems to go well, no error or such, but when i try to start, literally nothing happen. Only the "Loading" which comes on all apps when you start it. No Error messages, nothing. I tried 3 versions now, both stables and the new 1.0.0beta.

Can you help me?:(

Prendi
January 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
All OpenTTD versions prior to the 1.0-series need the data files from either a bought version of Transport Tycoon or a free replacement. Did you manually install those?

If you did, open a Terminal (under Accessories in your Application menu) and enter "openttd". This should give you detailed error messages.

Alseimik
January 8th, 2010, 02:36 PM
No actually i didn't, i would install it from the online NewGRF application, that was how i did on my windows, so i expected to do so. i would try install the graphics manually!

Alseimik
January 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM
No actually i didn't, i would install it from the online NewGRF application, that was how i did on my windows, so i expected to do so. i would try install the graphics manually!

THAT Solved it all!

If you as me is needing help to this, se this forum post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=174742

:popcorn: