PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Bed's

yester64
January 8th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hi,
i am looking to buy a new bed and i wonder how good ikea beds are.
Does anyone use an ikea bed by chance? There should be a probability that someone does. :)

felious_fadger
January 8th, 2010, 02:04 AM
crash on some hay and pretend youre a donkey

stinger30au
January 8th, 2010, 02:06 AM
crash on some hay and pretend youre a donkey
:biggrin:=D>

squilookle
January 8th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I have an ikea bed, and I'm very happy with it.

The frame has proven very sturdy and has survived a house move, the mattress is very comfortable.

I would say test the one you're considering in the shopo before buying, but I recommend it, based on the one I have

Incidentally I can't remember the name of the bed I have, its 18 months old, king size and low. :)

pwnst*r
January 8th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Ikea's build quality is crap. I'd stay away from any kind of bed frame sold by them.

leveled
January 8th, 2010, 02:39 AM
@yester64 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=929580)

Just looking the components in your sig.
Can I ask what motherboard your running?

NoaHall
January 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM

Not a ikea bed, that's for sure.

yester64
January 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM
I have an ikea bed, and I'm very happy with it.

The frame has proven very sturdy and has survived a house move, the mattress is very comfortable.

I would say test the one you're considering in the shopo before buying, but I recommend it, based on the one I have

Incidentally I can't remember the name of the bed I have, its 18 months old, king size and low. :)

The one in question are Heimdal and Hemnes. One is metal the other wooden.
I just love those names already.
The time i lived in germany i had an Ikea bed too. Wasn't that bad at all.

In a local store (family run business) there is almost an exact bed like the Hemnes. Altought i did not like the color which was darkbrown or black. Hard to tell. But it was cheaper with the mattress incl.
With Ikea i most likely spend at least a 100$ more. But if the quality is good, then it might be ok.
The one from the local i don't know really. Looks the same from the frame.

leveled
January 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Not a ikea bed, that's for sure.

8) Nar I sleep standing up.

yester64
January 8th, 2010, 02:42 AM

I don't sleep on my motherboard :lolflag:

Have a gigabyte motherboard.

spongypants23
January 8th, 2010, 03:06 AM
All of my furniture is from IKEA, and I love every bit of it.

Granted, I might be biased. (Check my location!)

I don't know a specific bed for you, but I like them!

felious_fadger
January 8th, 2010, 03:08 AM
All of my furniture is from IKEA, and I love every bit of it.

Granted, I might be biased. (Check my location!)

I don't know a specific bed for you, but I like them!

do you own ikea shares?

spongypants23
January 8th, 2010, 03:09 AM
do you own ikea shares?

I don't, actually. :p

felious_fadger
January 8th, 2010, 03:09 AM
I don't, actually. :p

your letting the team down.

whiskeylover
January 8th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I have lot of stuff from Ikea in my home, including the TV cabinet and the bed. We love it.

felious_fadger
January 8th, 2010, 03:19 AM
first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEwzbHJNkwg

banjobacon
January 8th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I have the Heimdal. It's good enough.

pme 72
January 8th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I have been sleeping on the same IKEA frame for 24+ years. A couple of years ago I did some minor repairs on a frame piece that was starting to split. It was easy enough to glue it back together, just needed a couple of clamps and some Titebond. The original mattress was quite thin but the frame has real wood slats that provide a lot of flex. Eventually I replaced the mattress with another one from IKEA. It was a European size, conventionally available sizes here in the USA are different. However a trip to a local mattress store produced several available (though special order only) mattresses for that size frame. I believe the new frames available here use conventional USA sized mattresses. The one from IKEA was a little less expensive though. The long frame members on mine are veneer covered particle board which was a surprise. I am amazed with how well they have held up.

A gifted mattress topper I received a couple of years ago had to be trimmed to fit. No problem.

Good looking, inexpensive, long lasting, comfortable, portable too. What's the downside? I took the original one home in the back of my Saab.

drawkcab
January 8th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I bought one of these Nomad bedframes from Amazon.com. They're only about $180 shipped. It's inexpensive, well-made solid and simple. Slap a fancy mattress on this frame and you're good to go.

The big advantage of the Nomad over the lower-end Ikea stuff is that it is solid wood rather than particle board. Finish it to match the rest of your furniture or just leave it.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D96S5dkkL.jpg