PDA

View Full Version : January Browser-shot thread

TheNessus
January 8th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Hey all.

We all know the screenshot thread - but it seldom tells us how your browser looks. Why browser? well, since browsers are not always aligned well with your theme, they're different, especially if the skin not native ( default qt/gtk,etc).

Also, lots of extensions and modifications can tell the difference between a clean and beautiful browser, and a cluttered, messy, awkward broswer. What's more, sometimes a nice broswer can be in conflict with your DE's theme, making the whole thing look damned ugly, or damned pretty.

So here, post your stuff, and people would get to know what, and how, just like with the screenshot thread.

TheNessus
January 8th, 2010, 01:20 AM
So i'll go first:

http://i.imagehost.org/t/0117/1_97.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0117/1_97)

details:
FF 3.5
Mac OSX theme
Hide Favicons extension
Tiny menu extension
disabled window decorations for FF in compiz

xuCGC002
January 8th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I usually post my browser along with my normal desktop.

Pointless thread is pointless.

TheNessus
January 8th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I usually post my browser along with my normal desktop.

Pointless thread is pointless.
Point being that people would give details of their browsers so other people would see its effects. How things work or do not work together. And the fact that "your highness" usually post your browser along the desktop screenshot doesn't mean everyone else do. In fact, most don't (most others are as equally important as you - not less. Would you believe that!?)

xuCGC002
January 8th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Point being that people would give details of their browsers so other people would see its effects. How things work or do not work together. And the fact that "your highness" usually post your browser along the desktop screenshot doesn't mean everyone else do. In fact, most don't (most others are as equally important as you - not less. Would you believe that!?)

Um, what?

People can do that themselves on the screenshot thread, it's not like we need another one. That's all I was really trying to say.

Giant Speck
January 8th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Um, what?

People can do that themselves on the screenshot thread, it's not like we need another one. That's all I was really trying to say.

You should probably tell the Conky people that their Conky Screenshot thread is pointless, as well.

Simian Man
January 8th, 2010, 02:03 AM
This thread will be half people posting garish firefox themes and half people thinking they are clever for posting pictures of lynx or elinks. No thanks.

AllRadioisDead
January 8th, 2010, 02:04 AM
um, what?

People can do that themselves on the screenshot thread, it's not like we need another one. That's all i was really trying to say.
+1

mamamia88
January 8th, 2010, 02:07 AM
here ya go

joey-elijah
January 8th, 2010, 02:22 AM
This thread will be half people posting garish firefox themes and half people thinking they are clever for posting pictures of lynx or elinks. No thanks.

That really made me laugh out loud. Such a true observation!