PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Can Not Connect to Wireless Since Yesterday

mltriebe
January 7th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I was able to connect fine before yesterday but installed some updates and now my wireless will no longer connect. Wired network is fine, that is how I am online now. I can see my network in network-manager but it will not let me connect.

Let me know what info you may need, I have a RTL8192SE wireless card.

Thanks, Mike

mltriebe
January 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Well now this is odd, I just booted into Kubuntu and my wireless is working. I will post again if it stops working because it didn't work all day yesterday.

Mike

theDaveTheRave
January 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Sometimes if you do an update config changes occur and create "conflicts", possibly stopping a functionality.

It could be that if you did updates, but didn't re-boot afterward conflicts where created, that the subsequent re-boot cleared up (ie temp files).

Is this possily your situation.

Technically you shouldn't need to (not with package management), but often it is the only way to clear out the temp junk that the system no longer needs.

With this in mind, did you need to do anything 'clever' with your wireless card to get it working in the first instance.
Are all the modules etc availabe in 'free' and 'open' format? It may be that the update changed to one that was?

David