PDA

View Full Version : AT&T to add to momentum for phones with Android

Giant Speck
January 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100106/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_gadget_show_at_t_android;_ylt=AhpHK1433zlaF HvL6ifJv6us0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQza2kwMWJvBGFzc2V0A2FwL zIwMTAwMTA2L3VzX3RlY19nYWRnZXRfc2hvd19hdF90X2FuZHJ vaWQEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM2BHBvcwMzBHB0A 2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDYXR 0dG9hZGR0b21v

LAS VEGAS – AT&T Inc. is adding cell phones running Google's Android operating system to its lineup, bringing what could be the iPhone's greatest rival into the fold of the device's sole U.S. carrier.

AT&T's head of consumer services, Ralph de la Vega, said Wednesday that AT&T plans to sell five Android phones from Dell, HTC and Motorola during the first half of this year. De la Vega was speaking at an event Wednesday ahead of the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.It's about time, AT&T...

schauerlich
January 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM
iPhone's better.

<begin flamewar>

pwnst*r
January 7th, 2010, 05:13 AM
They'll still suck as a company.

Giant Speck
January 7th, 2010, 05:15 AM
They'll still suck as a company.

They do, but I'm stuck with them, considering AT&T is the only major provider up here. :/

hoppipolla
January 7th, 2010, 05:23 AM
iPhone's better.

<begin flamewar>

lol I think that may be far too subjective to argue :)

I'm also very excited to see how Android grows and develops in the coming years! :)

This can't hurt it's chances either ^_^

the yawner
January 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Headline: AT&T blames iPhone and Android phones for network degradation due to high data utilization.