PDA

View Full Version : Making flying safer.

fatcrab
January 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
This should make you feel better about flying:).
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20100106/EU.Hidden.Explosives/

doas777
January 6th, 2010, 10:02 PM
see, I won't feel safe, until the partiot act is repealed and americans on planes are treated like people with rights. statistically I am much more likely to be harmed by an overzealous anti-terrorist security goon, than I am to ever even encounter a real terrorist, let alone be one of their victims. there are probably only 20 cases of airbourn terrorism based in america over the last century, but how many times have people been hurt because the cops did somthing stupid (like in this article) or something just plain vindictive.
the american government cannot keep me safe. it can only protect my freedoms, and it's doing a **** poor job of it over the last decade.

sudoer541
January 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM
see, I won't feel safe, until the partiot act is repealed and americans on planes are treated like people with rights. statistically I am much more likely to be harmed by an overzealous anti-terrorist security goon, than I am to ever even encounter a real terrorist, let alone be one of their victims. there are probably only 20 cases of airbourn terrorism based in america over the last century, but how many times have people been hurt because the cops did somthing stupid (like in this article) or something just plain vindictive.
the american government cannot keep me safe. it can only protect my freedoms, and it's doing a **** poor job of it over the last decade.

I am learning more about this issue myself.
I just started reading a book regarding this issue, the book is from Brigette Gabriel with the title "they must be stopped"
and its OMG!!! amazing!!!

Chronon
January 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM
snip

I agree with you.

73ckn797
January 6th, 2010, 10:50 PM
i agree with you.
+1

fatcrab
January 7th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I wonder why they let the plane take off if they knew explosives were on it?

Frak
January 7th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I wonder why they let the plane take off if they knew explosives were on it?
Meh, they'll find it eventually. <-- And this is why I can't run a country.

click4851
January 7th, 2010, 03:47 AM
really, I can't think of single facet of my life that has been effected by the patriot act. Could be I just live a boring life.....

xtaaxtw
January 7th, 2010, 03:54 AM
yes,fiying is terrible for me, It always lets me feel loses center of gravity.

73ckn797
January 7th, 2010, 11:23 AM
yes,fiying is terrible for me, It always lets me feel loses center of gravity.

Huh?

doas777
January 7th, 2010, 06:38 PM
really, I can't think of single facet of my life that has been effected by the patriot act. Could be I just live a boring life.....
obviously you haven't flown recently then.

alphaniner
January 7th, 2010, 06:56 PM
When it comes to airport screening, it's not so much the Patriot Act that causes the problems, but political correctness. Because we're afraid to be accused of 'profiling' or 'intolerance' we treat old ladies with knitting needles like potential terrorists.

Frak
January 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
obviously you haven't flown recently then.
This.

Dark Aspect
January 7th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Airport security would not be problem if the pilot and staff had guns.

00ber n00b
January 7th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Airport security would not be problem if the pilot and staff had guns.

That would be an idea, but, that wouldn't stop a bomb from blowing up.

gsmanners
January 8th, 2010, 05:59 AM
1) You cannot prevent a terrorist from killing you.
2) People killed in terrorist attacks are not to blame for their own deaths.
3) If you aren't ready to be killed by a terrorist, you only have yourself to blame.

People are afraid of terrorists because they fail to realize one or more of the above truths. You really think the government could stop someone from shooting down a plane with a missile launcher? You really think you're safe from a lunatic throwing grenades into crowds waiting at the airport? You really think some horrible accident can't happen, and the plane just goes down for no reason?

click4851
January 16th, 2010, 03:44 AM
No, I must admit I have avoided flying, and probably will for the forseeable future.

Redundant Username
January 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Why don't they use bomb sniffing dogs or electronic noeses?

bruno9779
January 16th, 2010, 04:06 AM

Just because a law doesn't restrict your immediate freedom, it doesn't mean it won't in the future and it doesn't mean it isn't doing it for other millions.

Your government is restricting an amount of your fundamental freedoms in order to ... defend your freedom?