PDA

View Full Version : How many books do you read?

phrostbyte
January 6th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Just curious, maybe list some recent books you have read. :)

Dark Aspect
January 6th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Sorry I thought you asked what I was reading lately

[Deleted]

etnlIcarus
January 6th, 2010, 04:18 AM
maybe list some recent books you have read. :)

Sorry I thought you asked what I was reading lately

[Deleted]
My head hurts.

Anyway, haven't read a book since I flunked high school several years back. Go figure.

jayze
January 6th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Either three a week or non at all....last two I recall were "God wept in Afghanistan" or something like that and "The Adventure Capitalist"....

slushee
January 6th, 2010, 04:58 AM
more than one per month. do picture books count? then it would be more than one per month, like four. i just finished 'The Sun Also Rises' by Hemingway and i'm starting 'God is an Englishman' by some guy i can't remember right now.

i just posted in the 'than & then' thread.

starcannon
January 6th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Currently reading 2 books: "Code Complete", and "The Ethical ****". I can't remember ever not having at least one book going.

spiderbatdad
January 6th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Does reading the same books over and over count? Like I read the Dune series 15 times than I read Shogun at least 12 times.

judge jankum
January 6th, 2010, 05:15 AM
read? can't read I just look at the pictures"

NoaHall
January 6th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I read a lot, and very quickly. My room is filled with books.

slushee
January 6th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Does reading the same books over and over count? Like I read the Dune series 15 times than I read Shogun at least 12 times.

it's better to read the same thing over again then too read nothing at all.

judge jankum
January 6th, 2010, 05:26 AM
it's better to read the same thing over again then too read nothing at all. lmaooooo

slushee
January 6th, 2010, 05:30 AM
lmaooooo

well than.

magmon
January 6th, 2010, 06:00 AM
I haven't been reading much as of late, but I acquired an ebook reader recently, and have 35 books lined up, so...

ssj6akshat
January 6th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I read a lot, and very quickly. My room is filled with books.

Mine Too

Khakilang
January 6th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Read Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux by Mark Sobell. Still haven't finish. Try to grasp those command line. Longest time for me to read the book. But I do read a lot of Linux magazine.

The Real Dave
January 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I read a lot, usually more than one book at a time, though, if I don't like a book within a few chapters, I'll leave it. I just finished Who Dares Wins by Chris Ryan, one of my favourite authors, and am now reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Without Remorse by Tom Clancy :) I have a really varied taste, I'll read just about anything :)

dyslexia
January 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
my GED arrived in the mail, so I stopped reading books.

...but before that... EVERYTHING by U Lequin and Andre Norton.

If only they made SF movies like that stuff... could call it, like 'avatar' or something...

Who do we kidnap to make them turn Zelazny's "nine princes in Amber" into a mooooovie?

t0p
January 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I usually have a couple of books on the go; though nowadays I rarely read an actual physical[/b] book, I download a lot of stuff in .pdf format and read them on my EeePC. A couple of actual physical books I re-read recently were [i]For whom the bell tolls and Islands in the stream by Ernest Hemingway. I've just downloaded Applied Cryptology by Bruce Schneier and Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. I'll probably start the Schneier book tonight, but I'm not sure if I'll bother starting Red Mars as I just found download links for the entire Mars Trilogy in audiobook format. So I might read William Gibson's Neuromancer instead. I've been meaning to try Gibson for a long time now.

ukripper
January 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I only read physical books unless technical and related to work in that case i don't mind PDFs.

Curently reading two books "Stormcaller" and "The Stand". Likely to finish 'em in about 3 weeks.

fromthehill
January 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
does manga count? :P

If that's the case I've read 5 books last year :popcorn:
I like manga more then regular books
*hides*

ukripper
January 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I am waiting for "Desert spear" to be released. Can't wait to read it after exciting "the Painted man" . http://www.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Spear-Demon-Trilogy/dp/0007276168/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262790613&sr=8-1

longtom
January 7th, 2010, 08:06 AM
In our family we are all readers - the lot of us. Big and small always have some or other book or several on the go. When we get first time visitors we can quite comfortably leave them in front of the book shelves for 20 minutes or so while we get the coffee going...:P

At present I read "Railway Journeys" (being a bit of a train spotter myself...), a bash book which apparently is for beginners (boyoboy...I am obviously pre beginner...), this month PM magazin....that's about it.

To the e-book and pdf readers, I admire your ability to read that way. I always print my stuff, bind it and only than feel ready to read it.

BrokenKingpin
January 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I read only about 2 novels a year. The last book I read was "The Client", which was decent. Outside of that I read many text books on computer programming to stay current on the latest technologies.

phrostbyte
January 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I currently read very much, but back when I had a long train commute I'd read a like 2-3 books a week. :) My favourite titles are of course, sci-fi. I don't really read computer/non-fiction books for leisure, but I do enjoy reading books on AI and Image Processing, if they are any good.