PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help installing Ubuntu 9.10

Krytain
January 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
So, I looked on the forums at ubuntu.com, and was trying to find a solution, but didn't see anything. I have been trying to install ubuntu 9.10. First I tried to install from a usb, but it kept running into errors after the first menu. So I decided to just burn and iso. I could get to the loading screen (with the ubuntu sign in the middle of the screen) It would wait for a while. Then the screen would go blank/black. With an message (from my monitor, not ubuntu = "Out of Range"). I don't know if it is my hardware, maybe it doesn't like my video card. Or if it is my iso (I have yet to redownload the iso, but I did a md5 check, and it was fine).

I would appreciate any help or advice,

Krytain

phillw
January 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forums,

would you post the details of your computer (make / mode, RAM, Video Card) thanks.

Phill.

tachuela
January 5th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Besides the above mentioned; you might want to consider the Alternate CD ( a text installer)

Krytain
January 6th, 2010, 01:48 AM
here is part of my dxdiag.
Also have a ViewSonic VX922 monitor, 19 inch, supports up to 1280/1024. I also tried it on my other moniter, which I stole from work, a 20 inch dell, which supports up to 1440/900.

ps, just realized I was trying the intel install, when I have a 64bit amd. Might not make a difference, but will try the other vers.

theozzlives
January 6th, 2010, 02:13 AM
One of my monitors used to say invalid range 60-75 Hz during the usplash, but it went to the login screen eventually. Maybe that's the problem with yours.

Krytain
January 6th, 2010, 04:03 AM
How long are we talking about, because I let it go about 10 minutes, and still the same "Out of Range" Screen. I think I will just have to try the Alternitive verson.