PDA

View Full Version : Google vs Apple, is this a hint?

froggyswamp
January 5th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Anyone noticed the falling "Apple" on Google's search page?
Considering that Google's Chrome has overtaken Apple's Safari and Android is growing much faster than the iPhone, is this a timely hint from Google to Apple that it's going down? Or am I just paranoid?

Grenage
January 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I think you're seeing things that aren't there. You aren't really paranoid unless you think they are out to get you! ;)

froggyswamp
January 5th, 2010, 10:27 AM
haha true! :)

Dayofswords
January 5th, 2010, 10:34 AM
i dont think google is hinting, just doing better in the area

or that they are hunting down apple and they want more brains for their server farms

Google: "Apple, this is it!
Apple: "Oh yeah?!"
Google: "Ya! You, Me! Noon, on the on the address bar!"
Google: "dont forget your phone, the iLame or w/e."
Apple: "iPhone, and i cant make it, i only get paid 1 dollar a year, so i cant ride the bus"
Google: "Loser."
Apple: ">.<"

Next time
MacOS X v. Google Chrome OS

tjoff
January 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM
The apples appearing on googles search page the 4th of January, were to celebrate the birthday of Isaac Newton.

madnessjack
January 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Haha, good point!

DynastyX
January 5th, 2010, 10:51 AM
The apples appearing on googles search page the 4th of January, were to celebrate the birthday of Isaac Newton.

Everything can make a valid conspiracy when you think about it. I for one, think it's more fun to say Google was using the apple-falling-off-the-tree as a metaphor.

zekopeko
January 5th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Anyone noticed the falling "Apple" on Google's search page?
Considering that Google's Chrome has overtaken Apple's Safari and Android is growing much faster than the iPhone, is this a timely hint from Google to Apple that it's going down? Or am I just paranoid?

You can't be serious. Newton's apple is a sign of the revolution in what is to become modern science/psychics.
Trying to attribute it to a imaginary feud between two companies that most likely will die out by the end of the century is ludicrous.

Sand & Mercury
January 5th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Would anyone care to post the logo if they're still able to see it?

I'm just getting the regular Google logo, being Jan 5 and all.

Johnsie
January 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Google is the poor mans Apple. Apple products are usually more refined and better designed than Google products. I don't see either company doing badly over the next year. Iphone prices will probably come down, there will be a new device that will get much hype and Apple will do well. Microsoft really seem to be doing a bad job with their PR which is allowing Apple to make inroads. Linux is doing pretty bad too... We're really falling behind when it comes to having a good looking user interface and a decent advertising campaign.

GeneralZod
January 5th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Would anyone care to post the logo if they're still able to see it?

I'm just getting the regular Google logo, being Jan 5 and all.

It's animated, so a film works better than the logo (I don't know if someone has cached the actual page somewhere) :

http://searchengineland.com/googles-issac-newton-apple-tree-logo-32768

chucky chuckaluck
January 5th, 2010, 01:01 PM

google could still be suggesting the iphone is headed for the same fate as the newton.

forrestcupp
January 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Android is growing much faster than the iPhone

The only reason that Android is growing much faster than the iPhone is that the iPhone has already grown.

My 4 month old boy is growing at a much faster rate than an adult Sumo wrestler. What does that mean? Nothing. ;)

samh785
January 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM
yup. It isn't that hard to figure these things out. Just move the mouse over the special google picture and the tool tip tells you what it's representing. :)

pwnst*r
January 5th, 2010, 03:06 PM
lol @ sensationalism.

koleoptero
January 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Ah, and I was seeing the whole logo fall down because of a greasemonkey script.

Tristam Green
January 5th, 2010, 03:50 PM
lol @ conspiracy theory. Community Café, how you never fail to impress.

schauerlich
January 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
lol @ conspiracy theory. Community Café, how you never fail to impress.

Google's multicolored logo is sending a message to clowns everywhere.

betrunkenaffe
January 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.google.ca/logos/