PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild 9.10 from zero, starting at 8.10

acarlstein
January 5th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Since 9.04 was released, Ubuntu had began to fail with bugs everywhere, unstable,and more.

Please do not get me wrong, I love the new design; however, I was not expecting so many changes that would put this distribution in decline.

I wish, I could contribute something. I really do. But I still working myself up.

Please, redo Ubuntu from 8.10 making one step at the time. These bugs remind me to "another" operation system where the screen would go blue, and everything would crash with no reason or explanation.

Thank you, and keep the hard work up.
You guys are the greatest.

Tamlynmac
January 5th, 2010, 06:40 AM
acarlstein
Since 9.04 was released, Ubuntu had began to fail with bugs everywhere, unstable,and more.

Sorry to hear your having problems with 9.04. I use it on multiple systems and haven't experienced any issues (except for switching from Brasero to K3b). Which as it turns out I like better.

Good Luck.

Dobbie03
January 5th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I have never had an issue with anything not working in Ubuntu, I have been using Ubuntu since 8.04.

RiceMonster
January 5th, 2010, 06:42 AM
That's a pretty big favor you're asking for.

thatguruguy
January 5th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Feel free to pitch in!

Crunchy the Headcrab
January 5th, 2010, 06:48 AM
It's only been getting better for me with each new release, but then most of my bugs were hardware related and I fixed them myself. (I.E. updating the firmware of my optical drive).

The Real Dave
January 5th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Personally, 9.04 cured a lot of headaches that I had with 8.10 :)

forrestcupp
January 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I haven't used Ubuntu since Hardy, and I just installed 9.10 from scratch. I was honestly blown away with the advances. Everything worked easily, including connecting to my Windows network and using the network printer. I couldn't believe how easy everything was.

Ylon
January 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Is it?

Then we aren't using the same Ubuntu. :popcorn:

Hetor
January 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM
"hi guys i have problems with release x, let's rebuild it from zero starting at release y"

ikt
January 5th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I wish, I could contribute something. I really do. But I still working myself up.

The best thing you can do is report the bugs that you come across.

Here is a quick guide:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1011078

Best of luck :)