PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hung up on Keyboard Layout - Can't Install 9.10

thelegendofmyth
January 5th, 2010, 04:12 AM
So when i tried to install via Wubi when i would load ubuntu it would say that there was a problem and that initrd was too big, after some researching i heard that this may just simply be a Wubi problem, so i unstalled ubuntu and went to reinstall it through booting from the cd.
As i was installing i got to the Keyboard layout screen and it held up, i saw the windows flash for a second that's supposed to inform me it's starting up the partitioner, but that only lasted a second. Then i was held up on this screen indefinitely.
First thing i did was to check my disc integrity, and i have done it now on multiple machines, so it does not appear to be the discs problem.
Some googling informs me that it may be a RAM problem, which i have trouble believing on account of i have a new computer with 4gigs of ram.
Any suggestions or anything anyone can offer me would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!(:

-some quick specs if it matters, 1TB 7200rpm 4 gigs ram 2.33ghz intel core quad, running win7 x86 (64bit)-

edit: also, i was hoping to install it in tandem with win7, if that makes a difference.

thelegendofmyth
January 21st, 2010, 03:14 AM
bump, anyonee