PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't connect to school wireless

tuan_b918
January 5th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Hello all,

I've tried asking for help in other forums, but has not found a solution to my problem. I installed Ubuntu 9.10 onto my laptop, and having wireless issue. I was able to connect to wireless at home, but cannot at school. Then recently, I reformatted by desktop at home, and now I can no longer connect to my own connection. But yet, I'm able to connect to my neighbor. I google and search for help and considered installing ndisgtk package, but then i thought if I'm able to connect to some connections that means I'm not missing windows driver (maybe I'm wrong :)). Can anyone help me figure out why I can't connect to all wireless?

NightHawk877
January 5th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Maybe those connections are unprotected. I have heard that using Ndiswrapper has some connection problems with protected networks.

llamabr
January 5th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Maybe those connections are unprotected. I have heard that using Ndiswrapper has some connection problems with protected networks.

Maybe it would help to hear a bit more about your system? Are you using a windows driver for your wireless? and how are you connecting?

tuan_b918
January 5th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I'm using vaio vgn-c140g, wireless card Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (802.11a/b/g). I haven't install windows driver yet. When I installed Ubuntu, I used update manager and downloaded Wicd Network Manager to connect. My home connection and at school are protected, but I was able to connect before, now I cannot :confused: