PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flickering login screen after start

nguyen
January 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Hi, sorry If someone has posted this before. But after looking through all the posts about this problem, I still dont know how to deal with it.

I've just installed a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (I'm using Windows 7), after completing the installation, may laptop rebooted but following the white icon of Ubuntu were the 2 lines "Ubuntu 9.10 computername tty1 ...etc" appears and I could not login due to flickering. Any idea how to solve this?

My laptop is T500 Lenovo with ATI Radeon HD3650.
Thank you very much.

PAUSIMS
January 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm having this same problem. I thought I solved it but it just works randomly... sometimes it starts up fine, other times starts in tty1 flickering with the login screen.

It's interesting that I'm unable to write when the screen is black. The flicker is really quick and I have to press the keys and keep it pressed, just when the screen is showing it types something so probably it's not a problem of the graphics card.

Any help would be appreciate. By the way, I know I opened a post for that yesterday, but as it was during the installation and now I could install it but the problem appears on the startup, I think it's more appropiate to actually follow that open post with the same problem.