:confused:
any sugestions?

MelDJ
January 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
.......:tongue:
follow the other posters way...

3rdalbum
January 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
you have to add the medibuntu repo. add it by following the steps here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
then install the package

No you don't - ubuntu-restricted-extras is in the Ubuntu repositories. You just have to make sure that all the repositories are enabled (in System > Administration > Software Sources, make sure the first four checkboxes are ticked) and then reload the package list by hitting the Reload button in Synaptic.

howefield
January 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
you have to add the medibuntu repo.

Why ?

What's Medibuntu got to do with ubuntu-restricted-extras ?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/ubuntu-restricted-extras

Soul-Sing
January 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
afaik this metapackage depends on some commonly used packages in the Ubuntu multiverse repository, so check if it is enabled....

USB_NL
January 4th, 2010, 04:37 PM
medibuntu did not help to play mp3 nor livestreams

i now have some gstreamer plugins
installed after i tried playing a mp3
and mp3files now work

i'll try other options now

USB_NL
January 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
No you don't - ubuntu-restricted-extras is in the Ubuntu repositories. You just have to make sure that all the repositories are enabled (in System > Administration > Software Sources, make sure the first four checkboxes are ticked) and then reload the package list by hitting the Reload button in Synaptic.

all four checkboxes where already ticked

but wen i reloaded got 35 new packages

And now this command line works:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extraslivestreams are working now :P

thank you it's solved

Do i need to worry about medibuntu i did copy pasted that command line into the terminal

i'm trying to figure out a perfect step by step install for the stuff i need and want

going to system - administration - software sources - then change something and change it back - close - reload : makes it get the essentials packages :)

i now can find vlc in synaptic package manager again for instance

thanks

howefield
January 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Do i need to worry about medibuntu i did copy pasted that command line into the terminalthanks

No, you needn't worry about it.

The are a few packages you might find useful there, eg libdvdcss2, w32codecs, (or w64codecs if you run 64 bit Ubuntu) as well as a few others.

You can get rid of the Medibuntu stuff you installed by going into System > Administration > Software Sources, then click on the "Other Software" tab and remove the line which includes Medibuntu, then remove the Medibuntu authentication key from the Authentication tab. Close your way out, and reload Synaptic Package Manager.

But as I said, you don't have to, there is no harm leaving the info in your software lists, and potentially some good if you need any of the packages that Medibuntu includes.

For information, you can also download the individual packages from the Medibuntu site, and double click the downloaded file to start them installing. Long time since I added the repository for that reason.

USB_NL
January 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
No, you needn't worry about it.

I already got rid of it the way you discribe
Im running a fresh install from winxp on a sdcard presistently
if i get in big troubels i can make a quick new install but for now all feels fine again thanks very much