PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Some problems with Fluxbox

Siken
January 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hello,
before i start to describe my 2 problems, i want to say that i am german and my english isn't so good :)
But I wanted to ask my question in the english forums, because I think here are more people active.
So, forgive me for my broken english :D

So, i got 2 main problems with fluxbox:

1) When I start fluxbox, i want that 2 apps are automatically started too => autostart.
The 2 apps are wBar and conky.
I tried a few methods for the autostart of this 2 apps:
-to edit the ~/.fluxbox/startup file like it's described in this file :D
-then to include a bash script with sleep in the ~/.fluxbox/startup file like i read it in a tutorial
-and i tried to write conky in the rootcommand line in ~/.fluxbox/init ( conky & ) and to write wBar in the startup file.

But in all 3 cases, just wbar starts and not conky =(
So i can just start it manually, but i dont want to do this all the time =(

2) Everytime when I reboot my PC, my sound is set to silent, i can just change it with gmix =(

Hope you understand what I mean an you can help me with my problems :D

MfG
Siken

BluesRunTheGame
January 9th, 2010, 02:44 AM
I think this addresses your second problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=878170

HandyAndy
January 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I have conky to start with fluxbox.

I simply added conky & in my ~/.fluxbox/startup file in the section that starts "# Applications you want to run with fluxbox" and before "#And last but not least we start fluxbox".

I don't know anything about wBar, I'm afraid.

I have the same issue with the sound starting muted. I haven't got an answer, but I have a work around. I put gnome-volume-control-applet & in my startup (as above). That at least gives me the volume control in my taskbar so that I can quickly and easily turn the sound back on.

I hope some of this helps :)

tweaksource
January 22nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
add wbar and conky to startup.

You must use

wbar &

conky &

If you don't have the '&' then the next app won't start.