PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of "Klikit" Linux?

icett
January 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Since a long time I have been visiting their homepage only to find out that its still beta and the final release version is soon to come. I also installed the beta version which many of Klikit forum members say is as best as a final released version but it was too buggy and far from everyday use. So whats the point of keeping Klikit Linux afloat when there is no progress made. The Kilkit team is wasting their time as well as the people's.

xuCGC002
January 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Uh, wouldn't this be more appropriate on the Klikit forums?

Anywho, it's a deriative of Kubuntu with KDE 3. I guess it's supposed to be set up so people can use Kubuntu without KDE 4, but 8.04 or Debian Stable suits that anyway, I don't know.

Skripka
January 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
The point:

Klikit-Linux is an informal project focused on developing a modern, free, user-friendly and fun Linux distribution. It uses the well-known, award winning KDE environment. It can run as a live CD/DVD on practically any PC, and can be installed to a hard drive in just a few minutes. Klikit-Linux is based on Kubuntu, taking advantage of many of its best features, and then adds its own touch, depending on the desires of the community.

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=klikit

3rdalbum
January 4th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Ironic - Klikit attempts to appeal to the people who don't like KDE 4 because "it's too buggy", and Klikit itself is too buggy.