PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] OpenOffice 3.0.1 - cleanup needed

oygle
January 4th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Have recently run the program 'fdupes' , to find duplicate files, and it picked up a lot of Openoffice files, such as ..

~/.openoffice.org2/user/database/biblio/biblio.dbt
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/database/biblio/biblio.dbt

~/.openoffice.org2/user/database/biblio.odb
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/database/biblio.odb

~/.openoffice.org2/user/database/evolocal.odb
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/database/evolocal.odb

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/autotbl.fmt
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/autotbl.fmt

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/arrowhd_en-US.soe
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/arrowhd_en-US.soe

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/styles_en-US.sod
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/styles_en-US.sod

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/classic_en-US.sog
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/classic_en-US.sog

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/palette_en-US.soc
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/palette_en-US.soc

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/modern_en-US.sog
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/modern_en-US.sog

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/soffice.cfg/global/accelerator/en-US/current.xml
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/soffice.cfg/global/accelerator/en-US/current.xml

~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/hatching_en-US.soh
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/hatching_en-US.soh

Obviously, in the upgrade from OpenOffice 2 ==> 3 , there wasn't a cleanup done. Who needs to be contacted to fix this please ?

Oygle

mörgæs
January 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
If you are sure that it is not a feature (the option to roll back to Open Office 2, for example), you can report it here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/

Hagar Delest
January 4th, 2010, 10:31 PM
It is a feature! Each major branch uses its own profile to allow user to use both versions. Since they are major changes, first the old configuration files are not directly compatible (the 3.x welcome process can transfer the personal data, i.e. the old profile, but it's not that robust). Second, it's safer to avoid mixing 2 versions on the same profile.

If you don't use 2.x anymore, just delete the 2.x profile.

NB: now the branch number is under a main folder to avoid having several openoffice.org folders.

oygle
January 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Each major branch uses its own profile to allow user to use both versions. Since they are major changes, first the old configuration files are not directly compatible (the 3.x welcome process can transfer the personal data, i.e. the old profile, but it's not that robust). Second, it's safer to avoid mixing 2 versions on the same profile.

I don't use profiles at all under OpenOffice. Had a bit of a look under 'options', and a few options had paths pointing to the 3.x path.

If you don't use 2.x anymore, just delete the 2.x profile.

Thanks, I will do that, as I only use 3.x

Oygle

Hagar Delest
January 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I don't use profiles at all under OpenOffice.
The profile is created by OOo and it must be there to run. It is used to store all the configuration parameters related to the user (toolbars customization, wordbooks (added entries in the spell checker), macros, extensions, ...