PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Help logging out of openbox

earthtoclinton
January 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Hi All,

I have Xubuntu installed on my netbook, and also have the LXDE environment installed too. When logging in I accidentally chose "openbox" from the choose session list..it simply logs into a blank screen. I am however able to right click and bring up a terminal window. I tried commands such as "exit" and "logout" after googling the problem, but they don't work. I need to logout and get back to the choose session screen, to choose XFCE again. Since I had that set to log in automatically, even after switching it off and on again it still goes back to the blank openbox. Any help would be appreciated!!

mcduck
January 4th, 2010, 10:17 AM
That's Openbox for you (nothing but your programs and a right-click menu). :)

Anyway, the Openbox menu should by default have options to log out/exit Openbox. That should take you back to login screen. If for some strange reason you don't have such option in the menu then I remember the command for exiting Openbox being "openbox --exit".

earthtoclinton
January 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks so much! All good now - I had never used open box before..I knew it was minimal but not that much!! The terminal command worked fine. Thanks again!