PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] D-Link DWA-652 on Toshiba Laptop

cjwescott
January 4th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I feel I am really really close at getting this connected.

The native ath9k driver did not work. I blacklisted this driver and then proceeded to load a windows driver that came with the card through ndiswrapper.

The system sees my wireless router but I could not get connected to the router. I get the circle of death of it trying to connect though.

I then replaced the Network Manager with Wicd.

I try and connect, after setting the preshared key, and it stops at the very end saying it could not obtain an IP address.

I then try to set a static IP, and at the very end it comes back with, "could not contact wireless access point".

Please help, I feel I am so close to getting this connected I just don't know if it is a setting on my router I need to change or to look for a different driver. Driver should be fine but I'm no expert.

I have two other computers wireless'ly connected to this router currently and one of them is connected via a dual boot, Ubuntu and Win7, so at the very least these two computers don't have any issues connecting to the router.

Looking for suggestions, PLEASE! and yes throwing the laptop out the window will soon be an acceptable suggestion, that or I am just going to live with WinXP installed on it instead. BTW: I had no problems getting a wireless connection from this laptop when I had WinXP installed, but I have since wiped it off with a clean install of Ubuntu 9.10. Goes to show how much I want to rid myself of Windows on the laptop.

I even installed 8.04 to see if I could make a connection with that version but to no avail I could not. I have since reloaded 9.10.

Chris

cjwescott
January 4th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Based on posts in this section, I have attached the following screenshots of my wireless system if this data helps with finding a solution.