PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] NVIDIA graphics resolution problems?

Utsukushii Tsubasa
January 3rd, 2010, 11:52 PM
hey guys, another problem.
as the title says, im having problems with my NVIDIA graphics driver and screen resolution. without installing the proprietary drivers through "hardware Drivers" my resolution can only use the 800x600. when i install the driver through hardware drivers i can only use up to the 1024x768 setting. the desktop effects and everything work well when i use this setting, but the screen resolution, to put bluntly, sucks. also, when going through hardware driver search, i get three options, NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 96),(version 173), and (version 180 [recomended]). if i try to use anything above the 96 version, when i restart my computer to finish the job, the screen loads like usual, until i get to the login screen. then i get a single bar up at the top only. sounds work, i can log in but i only get that little bar about 2pxl wide showing. everything else, is black. i then have to log off and go into the options screen when it first loads up (sorry cant remember the words used) and click on "repair graphic problems". then i load in, all are disabled, and im stuck using the 96 version.
and finally, my last source to change my NVIDIA graphics settings is through a forum by tinivole.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1125400
this one works well, but after running through it, compiz runs, slowly, and later down the line runs into a few more errors with compiz, like not being able to turn them on. but with this, i can get the screen resolution i want.
can anyonehelp me get the screen resolution i want, but with the stability of compiz and everything else?
im running Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty, and i have an NVIDIA GEforce 6100cpu.
please help and thank you.

Utsukushii Tsubasa
January 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
bump?

Utsukushii Tsubasa
January 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
bumping again.
someone, please help?

Utsukushii Tsubasa
January 5th, 2010, 06:44 AM
anything?

Utsukushii Tsubasa