PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Panel Overlap

turvyc
January 3rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi all,

This is by no means a pressing issue, just a niggling little thing I want to figure out to maximize the beauty of my desktop :)

I use two panels: a Windows-esque one along the bottom, and then a wider one along the left side which I use for my application launchers. Anyways, the thing is that the bottom panel seems to like to be on top. That is, the bottom panel always extends to the edges of the screen, while the side one goes from the top of the screen to the top of the bottom panel. I want the side panel to be in the position of dominance, going fully from top to bottom, with the bottom panel going only to the edge of the side one!

I've fiddled lots with all sorts of things, including the gconf-editor. Nothing. Again, this is by no means anything important to my general computing experience! I just wonder if anybody knows a way to change this.

Thanks so much!

hariks0
January 4th, 2010, 12:38 PM
If it the dominance is in accordance with the order of panel creation date/time, you can delete the panels and add them in the order you want.

turvyc
January 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Hi hariks0, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't work ... it seems that the top and bottom panels automatically have dominance, no matter the order they are created. It must be a setting somewhere deep in the bowels of gnome, if it is even possible to change at all.