PDA

View Full Version : Playsforsure- what is it "really"

commodore
February 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Microsoft says you can make sure that you can upload files to your player when it's playsforsure. Wikipedia said that it's just a thingie to make players work with Windows Media Player. If it's true (ofcourse it's true, it was on wikipedia :D) then how can Microsoft call it playsforsure if it only plays on the worst big OS. It's friggin stupid. And how can I tell people not to believe this s**t. I can't go through millions of people one by one.

Stormy Eyes
February 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM
And how can I tell people not to believe this s**t. I can't go through millions of people one by one.

Wizard's first rule: People are stupid, and can be made to believe anything. They will believe what they want or fear to be true.

alinuxfan
February 27th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Stormyeyes,
that is way too weird, I just started re-reading the whole series the other day and I had just read wizard's first rule. Man, I love Terry Goodkind

Stormy Eyes
February 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Stormyeyes, that is way too weird, I just started re-reading the whole series the other day and I had just read wizard's first rule.

I keep the Wizards' Rules in mind all the time; they make a hell of a lot of sense.

Brunellus
February 27th, 2006, 07:52 PM
it's microsoft's DRM. A means by which they can assure content providers that their songs won't be stolen....while simultaneously limiting what used to be called fair use rights.

commodore
February 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Wizard's Rules is somekind of a book?

xequence
February 27th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Its DRM.

And a bad format. (WMA).

I will never use it.

BWF89
February 27th, 2006, 10:00 PM
My mom buys (and pirates) tons of country music CD's. and sometimes she asks me to come over and find out why the CD won't burn or copy to her MP3 player without her useing the special program provided on the CD and I keep telling her "that's what DRM is".

xequence
February 27th, 2006, 10:10 PM
My mom buys (and pirates) tons of country music CD's. and sometimes she asks me to come over and find out why the CD won't burn or copy to her MP3 player without her useing the special program provided on the CD and I keep telling her "that's what DRM is".

Obviously its the music she buys that is restricted here :)