PDA

View Full Version : "/" key not working

edwardle
January 2nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Hello,
I'm a newbie at all this. I have an MSI U123 netbook that serves as a secondary laptop to my MacBook. I'm trying to get away from windows 7, albeit, it's not 'that' bad.

I installed, using wubi, Ubuntu NBR 9.10 and aside from the known issue of the screen flickering, I have a keyboard problem.

My settings are an English keyboard layout in Canada and my "/" key produces a letter 'e' with the accent above.

Can someone help me with correcting this? Going to webpages without this key is a real pain in the *****!

Thanks in advance for replying

Old_Grey_Wolf
January 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Use the menu "System > Preferences > Keyboard". When the window opens select the "Layouts" tab. Select "+ Add". Then select the "Country" (Canada) then select the "Variants" that display the keyboard the way you want it. Then select "+ Add".

Hope this helps. The instructions are for vanilla Ubuntu so you may have to hunt around the menus in NBR to find the equivalent.

edwardle
January 2nd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll try it when I get home and let you know how it goes. As for the known issue of the constantly changing brightness of the screen, is there a fix that doesn't make the screen refresh sluggish?

I've hijacked my own thread, hope that's acceptable.

Old_Grey_Wolf
January 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll try it when I get home and let you know how it goes. As for the known issue of the constantly changing brightness of the screen, is there a fix that doesn't make the screen refresh sluggish?

I've hijacked my own thread, hope that's acceptable.

I am not aware of the "constantly changing brightness" issue. You didn't describe that before. Maybe you should start a new thread on that issue. With additional details of the problem of course.