PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] instalation ubuntu impossible :permission denied

javasaad
January 1st, 2010, 03:28 PM
Happy new year to all
Im newer in ubuntu i try to install ubuntu 9.10 in my Laptop HP DV5 Core2Duo 4Go Ram rin Windows 7 32bits and in Disc C: already windows 7 install on then i want install the both in th same HDD, like the same operation i make it in my Desktop Dell and it work perfectly, but now i have a error message please see Screenshot :
please help me
and I try to boot from CD and install Ubunto also i have screen black with 1000 ligne error

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5554/sanstitre1hee.th.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/sanstitre1hee.jpg/)

for log see attached
I need realy your help

javasaad
January 1st, 2010, 09:09 PM
Nobody can help me ?

phillw
January 1st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Hi & welcome to the forums,

I'm not familiar with Wubi, however it looks to me that the user trying to install Wubi does not have the required privalidges. Have you tried it using the admin user ? (I think it's right click the install icon, then select "Run as administrator" (or run as a different user, then select administrator)

Regards,

Phill.

tachuela
January 1st, 2010, 09:51 PM
Also check what permissions you have in Windows. ( I not a user of Windows)

javasaad
January 2nd, 2010, 01:13 AM
Very Thanks for your reply
Yes I make right click the install icon, then I select "Run as administrator"
THe Probleme is Also when I boot from CD and try to install Ubuntu its take a long time (15min) and after just black screen with 1.000 linges and in the end a lot of linges error u can see a log file;
and i have install Ubuntu the same CD in one Old PC desktop old DELL P4 2.8 and all is good and easy and fast but in this Laptop HP DV5 Core 2 Duo I can't;
any idea please

javasaad
January 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
I'm waiting for solution please or any idea
if dont have any solution i think i'll change this HP laptop because I hate work
on windows and i realy like ubuntu

javasaad
January 2nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Please I waiting your Help

SchizmWolf
January 2nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hi! I saw you were using Wubi. Seems like you had exactly the same problems I had. Good call running as an administrator. The install WILL take a long time (it took me upwards of an hour, but it runs fine.) If it just black-screens, though, try mounting the iso to another cd at a slower burn rate (I used 4x when I did it.) That should help things along. Otherwise, it sound like what you are doing is right, though it's quite aggravatingly slow, I agree.