PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] compiz making system slow

sarin_cv
January 1st, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi All... compiz is making my system very slow to respond... it takes 2-3 seconds to respond when I do something.. especially when I maximize a minimized window from taskbar...this is really frustrating.... the cube effect is pretty fast... my friend is also experiencing the same problem with karmic.... I have an Intel dual core processor (2.1 GHz), 3 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon graphics card with 256 MB ...

sarin_cv
January 1st, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi All... compiz is making my system very slow to respond... it takes 2-3 seconds to respond when I do something.. especially when I maximize a minimized window from taskbar...this is really frustrating.... the cube effect is pretty fast... my friend is also experiencing the same problem with karmic.... I have an Intel dual core processor (2.1 GHz), 3 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon graphics card with 256 MB ...

overdrank
January 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi and please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Threads merged

3Miro
January 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Make sure you have installed all the proper drivers from System -> Admin -> Hardware Drivers.

Then install compiz Config Settings Mamager from Synaptic. Then from System -> Prefs -> Compiz Config you can play with the many different effects to see if one in particular is giving you hard time.

Alternatively, you can disable compiz altogether by going into a terminal and typing:

metacity --replace

sarin_cv
January 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM
ya... drivers are already installed.... I have installed simple ccsm and ccsm... I have disabled the transition effect for maximize...still the problem is there....

sarin_cv
January 5th, 2010, 12:50 PM
anybodyhaving similar issue??

realzippy
January 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM
It might be limited due to your ATI card.

alwayshere
January 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM
http://forlong.blogage.de/entries/pages/Compiz-Switch

Grenage
January 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Yes, I have had this issue with some ATI cards, although lag was usually limited to resizing windows while using transparencies.

sarin_cv
January 5th, 2010, 07:33 PM
hm... the delay is only there for maximizing windows....

sarin_cv
January 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
me and my frnd are having ATI cards..we both have this issue... my brother is having nVidia and compiz works well for himm... :(