PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu fonts in Windows?

chiefofthejojos
February 27th, 2006, 04:50 AM
This may be a dumb question, but... I would really like to have the ubuntu fonts when I'm forced to use windows at work. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? Every time I search for ways to do this the results that come up are "how to get windows fonts in ubuntu". I really like the fonts in ubuntu and I think it would be another good step towards ubuntizing my windows desktop. I already attempted this and struck out. :(
Thanks,
Brad

Xian
February 27th, 2006, 04:57 AM
AFAIK, the discussion on this subject is HERE (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=27538).

briancurtin
February 27th, 2006, 05:00 AM
i dont think thats what he means

Xian
February 27th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Heh, okay. What "ubuntu fonts" do you want??
Grab what you want and put them in /WINDOWS/Fonts.

chiefofthejojos
February 27th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Heh, okay. What "ubuntu fonts" do you want??
Grab what you want and put them in /WINDOWS/Fonts.

Right, that's what I mean. So, where do I grab them from? and once I have them in there, how do I make it the default font in windows? (ie windows explorer, start menu, etc.. ) Do I have to create a theme?

Xian
February 27th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Right, that's what I mean. So, where do I grab them from?

Open nautilus and goto this path: fonts:///

...and once I have them in there, how do I make it the default font in windows? (ie windows explorer, start menu, etc.. ) Do I have to create a theme?

I have no idea how to set default fonts in Windows. I know they go into /WINDOWS/Fonts, and then are pulled from that location into the applicable menus and/or application. For native Windows settings it probably would require a theme.

chiefofthejojos
February 27th, 2006, 07:21 PM
ok, thanks for the help. I copied all of them, but I really just want the default ubuntu font. Do you know what the name of it is?

Xian
February 27th, 2006, 07:25 PM
In a default setup it should be the Bitstream Vera Sans set.