PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Corruption- Search for reinstallin Grub USB

babitweety06
December 31st, 2009, 12:52 AM
I have a non-working computer and someone told me to do this:

I have a dell mini 9 with ubuntu and need help with it. The dell logo screen comes on like its loading and in the middle of loading the meter that says how much far its loading freezers. And then a black screen comes up after aout 2 mins and says no operating system. I was just on the computer it froze I turned it off and turned it back on and every since then it does the same the thing. Does anyone know how to reboot the computer so I can get it working again.

It seems that the installation is corrupted, you will have to do a forum search for reinstalling Grub from a USB Startup Disk or the UNR install image.

Can someone help me with that. I dont have any idea what this mean. I am not used to this operating system. If someone has a spare that they would like to send me can you. I will pay overnight shipping charges. Or if you know where I can get them from can you let me know. Thanks!!

Brooke

Sef
December 31st, 2009, 01:05 AM
What Ubuntu did you install on there?

babitweety06
December 31st, 2009, 02:41 AM
Hi i am not sure exactly what you are talking about. I am not familiar with this software at all. But its the same system as when i purchased it from dell. Is there a code you are asking about? Idk!!:)