PDA

View Full Version : Habaneros are Happiness Now!

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Habaneros are Happiness Now!...anybody else find Hot chilies delightfully addictive in a epiphanous pleasing kind of way?

dragos240
December 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Isn't that what your username means? I honestly can't read kanji... sooo....

fromthehill
December 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I like spicy
but I think habanero's are a bit too much :P

http://iitran.secchan.net/img/src/1139102048232.jpg

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Isn't that what your username means? I honestly can't read kanji... sooo....username just means: Happiness Now.

I like spicy
but I think habanero's are a bit too much :P

http://iitran.secchan.net/img/src/1139102048232.jpg
Habaneros are a bit over the top but I have become accustomed to eating 2 or 3 a day.

They are a bit addicting. It is unbearably painful to accidentally get some in your eye or your privates.

fromthehill
December 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It is unbearable painful to accidentally get some in your eye or your privates.
http://www.macrochan.org/images/R/B/RB55PJGLTZ7UXB3L5CN7LKEO436R7XFJ.jpeg

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.macrochan.org/images/R/B/RB55PJGLTZ7UXB3L5CN7LKEO436R7XFJ.jpegNot purposely but accidently...even many hours later after you have accidentally touched a Habanero it can still inflict pain even after washing your hands many times.

The Toxic Mite
December 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I like spicy things too but habańeros will probably be a bit much for me :lol:

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I like spicy things too but habańeros will probably be a bit much for me :lol:I keep them frozen so I always have them on hand. They not only taste great but they also liven up your taste buds so that you can taste your food better.

Also they keep you warm during the cold winter months.

jomiolto
December 30th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Habaneros are Happiness Now!...anybody else find Hot chilies delightfully addictive in a epiphanous pleasing kind of way?

Yes. I love fresh chili in food and I also have the habit of eating small pieces of raw chili (habanero usually, it's nicely hot) when I have flu. It's the best flu medicine :)

Chili is also one of the foods (green olives being the other notable one) that sometimes makes me literally laugh out loud after I've eaten it. I don't know how it works (perhaps I'm in urgent need of therapy ;) ), but sometimes after eating lots of chili or olives I get irresistible urge to laugh. It usually lasts for about 5-10 minutes.

emeraldgirl08
December 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I can't live without Chili :D

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Yes. I love fresh chili in food and I also have the habit of eating small pieces of raw chili (habanero usually, it's nicely hot) when I have flu. It's the best flu medicine :)

Chili is also one of the foods (green olives being the other notable one) that sometimes makes me literally laugh out loud after I've eaten it. I don't know how it works (perhaps I'm in urgent need of therapy ;) ), but sometimes after eating lots of chili or olives I get irresistible urge to laugh. It usually lasts for about 5-10 minutes.

I can't live without Chili :D

Ahhh...Kindred Spirits. :P

ratcheer
December 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I like habanero sauces, but I don't eat the fresh peppers very often. I like the taste, but I don't really enjoy setting my mouth ablaze.

Tim

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I like habanero sauces, but I don't eat the fresh peppers very often. I like the taste, but I don't really enjoy setting my mouth ablaze.

TimI used to eat a Habenero infused hot sauce exclusively called: Da'Bomb Ground Zero
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=141736&d=1262185508

...which is like 100,000 highly concentrated Habaneros in a jar (you only need a drop on an end of tooth pick to flavor your food), but then I tapered off and now only eat fresh Habaneros (well I freeze fresh ones). Sometimes moderation is a good thing. :P

The Toxic Mite
December 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM
i used to eat a habenero infused hot sauce exclusively called: Da'bomb ground zero
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=141736&d=1262185508

...which is like 100,000 highly concentrated habaneros in a jar (you only need a drop on an end of tooth pick to flavor your food), but then i tampered off and now only eat fresh habaneros (well i freeze fresh ones). Sometimes moderation is a good thing. :p

oh shi--!!!

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 04:11 PM
oh shi--!!!

Da' Bomb strikes its target with this one. Let this explosion annihilate your taste buds! It may be too hot to eat, even on a toothpick! It has been officially measured at 234,000 Scovilles, and they have the certificate to prove it. This one's almost twice as hot as Da' Bomb Beyond Insanity. This is serious stuff, not for children. http://www.insanechicken.com/Da-Bomb-Ground-Zero.html

It is probably one of the best tasting Hot Sauces I have ever eaten. Goes great on sandwiches.

The Toxic Mite
December 30th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Damn, if only they sold that in the UK :(

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Damn, if only they sold that in the UK :(You should be able to find it somewhere. Word of caution it does have a nasty habit of lingering burn even on the counter tops you may have opened it on. Unsuspecting people may get burned, my wife vowed to never touch the bottle and I have been pretty much forbidden to bring it into the house.

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Damn, if only they sold that in the UK :(
Looks like this place may deliver to the UK:
http://firegirl.com/hs1326.html

The Toxic Mite
December 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Looks like this place may deliver to the UK:
http://firegirl.com/hs1326.html

I'll think about it later ;)

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I'll think about it later ;)

Fresh are the best way to go if you can find fresh Habaneros in the UK.

This past summer I grew my own Habanero plants and was surprised to not only get a great harvest but they were marketable hotter then any store/farmers market bought Habaneros.

Pixel
December 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM

Spicy food has always made me feel happiness, but too much can bring me down fast. I go out to eat sushi once, sometimes twice a week and use a bunch of wasabi when I do. It's so delicious, it's like heaven!

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Spicy food has always made me feel happiness, but too much can bring me down fast. I go out to eat sushi once, sometimes twice a week and use a bunch of wasabi when I do. It's so delicious, it's like heaven!
ohhh...I LOVE Sushi (actually like Sashimi better), I pile on the Wasabi high! with Hot Saki it's awesome! Sashimi would probably taste great with some Habanero sauce! :P

ctrlmd
December 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
haven't tried it before i like spicy food
but from what i have seen on youtube makes me think twice before i try to find some store to buy it from. :lolflag:

HappinessNow
December 30th, 2009, 07:36 PM
haven't tried it before i like spicy food
but from what i have seen on youtube makes me think twice before i try to find some store to buy it from. :lolflag:try it very carefully if you have never tried it before, and whatever you do don't do what this guy did in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ip5oGlMfU

and I would not advise in doing a Habanero eating contest like these girls are doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QVQLbwtHA

HappinessNow
December 31st, 2009, 01:14 PM
just eating an orange and I couldn't help but think a cross between a Habanero and an Orange would be great!

ratcheer
December 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
just eating an orange and I couldn't help but think a cross between a Habanero and an Orange would be great!

We like to eat at a restaurant called Buffalo Wild Wings. One of their sauces is Mango Habanero, and it is one of our favorites.

Tim

HappinessNow
December 31st, 2009, 05:31 PM
We like to eat at a restaurant called Buffalo Wild Wings. One of their sauces is Mango Habanero, and it is one of our favorites.

TimI have a cherry habanero jam in the fridge that is awesome.

Also, I regularly make a pineapple habanero salsa that is the best.

underquark
December 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
As it is Hogmanay (New Year), I'll be especially careful what I do with my Scotch Bonnet.

HappinessNow
December 31st, 2009, 06:41 PM
As it is Hogmanay (New Year), I'll be especially careful what I do with my Scotch Bonnet.
That would be both reasonable and prudent.

nubimax
December 31st, 2009, 06:47 PM
My brother in law introduced me to scotch bonnet love the stuff. In Mayan the word habanero means crying tongue, at least that is what I have been told by my neighbors.
M.

underquark
December 31st, 2009, 07:41 PM
Aren't the called habaneros because they were traded out of the port of Havana (Ciudad de La Habana)? In New Zealand, cotton is sometimes referred to as "Manchester". Many other examples.

Catboy~
December 31st, 2009, 09:06 PM
I absolutely love spicy things, they're a lifesaver in the frigid wasteland known as Utah :P

I really want to try some Bhut Jolokia though.

ratcheer
January 1st, 2010, 12:42 AM
I really want to try some Bhut Jolokia though.

Go for it. One of their traditional nicknames is "ghost peppers", in the sense that, if you eat them, you will be dead. Until a few years ago, habaneros were thought to be the world's hottest peppers. Ghost peppers are much hotter.

Tim

Exodist
January 1st, 2010, 12:56 AM
O hell yes. I got a dozen peppers dried out I plan on putting in a planting pot next month and sitting in front of the window to grow.
Mine are those bright orange ones thata getcha if you aint careful.. hehe

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 12:57 AM
O hell yes. I got a dozen peppers dried out I plan on putting in a planting pot next month and sitting in front of the window to grow.
Mine are those bright orange ones thata getcha if you aint careful.. hehe
love the bright orange ones!...that is what I grow.

Catboy~
January 1st, 2010, 01:10 AM
Go for it. One of their traditional nicknames is "ghost peppers", in the sense that, if you eat them, you will be dead. Until a few years ago, habaneros were thought to be the world's hottest peppers. Ghost peppers are much hotter.

Tim

Yeah, a bit of a morbid name for something that sounds so delicious.

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 01:18 AM
edit

Hwęt
January 1st, 2010, 01:21 AM
In Mayan the word habanero means crying tongue, at least that is what I have been told by my neighbors.

Wrong, please read below.

Aren't the called habaneros because they were traded out of the port of Havana (Ciudad de La Habana)?

Right

"The chili's name is derived from the name of the Cuban city of La Habana, which is known as Havana in English. Although it is not the place of origin, it was frequently traded there. This pepper is one of the hottest on Earth."

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanero_chili)

I remember when I first heard of these peppers, it was proved to be a hoax and it was determined that they were simply Habaneros.

Too tired to find the source now but will look later.

Actually, the hottest pepper in the world is the Bhut Jolokia Chili (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia).

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 01:22 AM
edit

Hwęt
January 1st, 2010, 01:23 AM
Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

That page has sources itself, so that information did not come out of thin air.

EDIT- Scroll down to the references part of the Wikipedia article. Particularly, citations #1, #4, and #7.

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 01:28 AM
edit

Hwęt
January 1st, 2010, 01:33 AM
Again Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source for any kind of serious academic or scientific information, it is a fun past time for people on the internet but it hardly defines reality.

Just because Wikipedia says that you're wrong does not mean it is always false.

Guinness Book of World Record's acknowledgement of the Bhut Jolokia pepper as the world's hottest. (http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_GWR-Statement-regarding-Indian-chilli-eating-event/BLOG/242062/7691.html)

I believe you owe the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikipedia's contributors an apology, seeing as how that page is right in stating that the Bhut Jolokia Pepper is the hottest in the world.

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 01:41 AM
edit

Hwęt
January 1st, 2010, 01:51 AM
Don't owe the wikipedia foundation any apologies at all most of my University professors ban students from using the Wikipedia as a reliable source of knowledge.

So what? Several countries ban Internet access to private citizens. Should we do the same just because someone else sees it as right? No.

Hell we are thought to question everything in school including our professors, including Wikipedia.

If you are brought up thinking that you should question all sources, then why aren't you questioning your professor's claims about Wikipedia being unreliable? That's a fallacy within itself to believe that your professors hold the true keys to knowledge.

Again, Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source of knowledge and it never will be.

Ad homeniem attack.

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 01:56 AM
edit

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 02:15 AM
edit.

schauerlich
January 1st, 2010, 02:27 AM
Internet: Serious Business

dragos240
January 1st, 2010, 03:37 AM
Does anyone notice that many of happy's posts are now just a single word? Edit? What's that supposed to mean?

schauerlich
January 1st, 2010, 04:01 AM
Does anyone notice that many of happy's posts are now just a single word? Edit? What's that supposed to mean?

That means he wanted to delete his posts, so he went back and changed them all to just "edit".

HappinessNow
January 1st, 2010, 07:39 AM
That means he wanted to delete his posts, so he went back and changed them all to just "edit".exactly

My apologies.

underquark
January 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM
I like the Pimiento de Padrón that you get in tapas bars in Spain. Little green peppers, usually fried in olive oil and salt until skins just blackening. Most are very mild but maybe 1 in every 10 packs a punch. Good fun playing culinary Russian roulette with a group of friends.