PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I don't get the installation screen

stibi81
December 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hi there,

I want to install the new 9.10 Version of Desktop Edition but I do have a problem. I have a 23" Monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 2343NW wide), and the Nvidia G210 with CUDA. Now...when I start the live CD I get into the desktop (But it won't be shown entirely, the upper part can't be seen), but when I want to install the System I get nothing. The entire screen is blank (some kind of gray). I tried directly to install it and also from the live CD. Same effect. I installed the 9.04 Version and I get into the Desktop and only have the 800x600 Resolution. But in 9.10 it just won't work. :confused: Please help.

Thanks

MelDJ
December 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
have you tried the alternate disc?

stibi81
December 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I have 2 discs...one that I downloaded from the ubuntu site and burned myself and the other one is the order CD. Both give me the same problem. And The same happens when I try to install kubuntu. Funny that Mandriva works...somehow. But I want Ubuntu.

MelDJ
December 30th, 2009, 11:54 AM
i mean http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#alternate

stibi81
December 30th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Yep, I just installed it from the alternate CD, it gets installed but after reboot I don't get to the logon screen. It stays gray. As if the Video Card is not working.