PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problem

bpctech
December 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Hi I am new to Linux and Ubuntu.
I have windows vista already installed.But I am trying to install ubuntu in another harddisk drive from the CD.
I started boot from CD, Selected Language then click install ubuntu.
After that it should take to the welcome window page, but it did not do that.the black screen continued for a long time and then restarted.
Now it asks which OS do u want to boot.
It shows both Vista and Ubuntu.
I selected ubuntu then the empty screen apperaed, i thought it might take some time....but the empty screen continued for longtime i left the laptop through out the night, when i saw it in the morning still the screen continues.
So I restarted the system and went to vista. I see there ubuntu is installed in the drive specified. But when i rebooted with ubuntu same empty screen continued.
Another thing that during installtion also as i mentioed earlier installer hav nt completed all the process.

So could u pls help me to resolve out the issue and pls provide me a proper solution to use ubuntu as secondary OS in my system.

nerdtron
December 30th, 2009, 10:12 AM
When you boot from cd, did you 'Check this CD fo defects'?
Try booting the LiveCD, check cd for defects and then choose boot ubuntu without touching windows (just like a live session). Upon reaching the desktop you will have the option to install it again completely...

bpctech
December 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
could u pls tell me how did I 'Check this CD fo defects'.
I have done the installation fron live CD also.
I opened the Bootable CD and did the inside window, then it transfered data from CD to the dedicated drive and ejected the CD.
Asked me to reboot.
So I rebooed and selected ubuntu among the 2 OS as i use vista.
here after facing same problem....that empty screen appeared and did nt do anything......