PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UNetBootin problems. [novice]

Evie~
December 30th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure whether this is the place to ask, but I'm not sure where else I could, at this point. :?

Please forgive me if I've come to the wrong place, I'm not a Linux whizz at all.

I'm trying to put a windows 7 iso file onto a USB stick, but when it's finished, and I check the USB stick after the supposed 'transfer', there is nothing there except;
ldlinux.sys
syslinux.cfg
ubnfilel.txt
ubnpathl.txt
vesamenu.c32

](*,)

After trying to boot up on the USB stick, it gives me a blank UNetBootin screen thing, with the only option 'Default'. I can't press Enter or Tab to do anything.

Also, when I attempt to 'extract here', it says "This disc contains a UDF file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 UD" file system specification. "

Version of Ubuntu: 9.10
USB stick format: NTFS, also two others in FAT32. All bootable.

Can you help me, please? There must be some solution :(

presence1960
December 30th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Making a bootable windows install USB disk is a little more complicated than that. Here (http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/12/install-windows-vista-from-usb-flash.html) is a link for Vista. I haven't tried Vista yet but I made a bootable USB for XP and installed it via USB onto my hard disk. I would suggest a minimum 8 GB flash disk since the Vista image is on DVD which is 4.7 GB. If you use a 4 Gb you will have to use nLite to trim Vista down so it will fit on a 4 Gb flash disk. Sorry complain to Microsoft about this.

Evie~
December 30th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Thank you for your help :)