PDA

View Full Version : any 1 have the v-mouse

kerry_s
December 30th, 2009, 03:19 AM
http://www.pen-mouse.com/

i'm looking for experience with this device, i want to know if its worth the $'s there asking for or if its just a waste, cheap product, etc...

please chime in if you have a horror story, warning, don't buy, etc...

also any 1 with carpal tunnel syndrome can maybe let me know what your using for a mouse to help you with the pain.

thanks a bunch

Exodist
December 30th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Not sure that mouse would help with carpel tunnel. It would require you to hold your wrist is an awkward position, not to mention you would have to hold the point of it flat at all times. IMHO, its a bad design. If a mouse is also hurting you I would suggest as touch pad.

oldsoundguy
December 30th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Examine the use of an ergonomic keyboard and a track ball/ marble. They DO work. Available in wired and wireless. Been using them for years and love them!

Exodist
December 30th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Examine the use of an ergonomic keyboard and a track ball/ marble. They DO work. Available in wired and wireless. Been using them for years and love them!
Forgot about the trackball.. Good call and I agree on the KB also.

kerry_s
December 30th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Not sure that mouse would help with carpel tunnel. It would require you to hold your wrist is an awkward position, not to mention you would have to hold the point of it flat at all times. IMHO, its a bad design. If a mouse is also hurting you I would suggest as touch pad.

i was also looking at the wacom bamboo touch, but again i'm just not sure. the doc just told me to use the computer less :( , like that's going to happen :lolflag:

i don't have a keyboard right now, so everything is done with the mouse & onscreen keyboard, so not really concerned about keyboard.

thanks for the input!

don't really like trackballs, i've had many, they always break.

Cam42
December 30th, 2009, 04:30 AM
No issues here with my Trackman Wheel.

kerry_s
December 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM
No issues here with my Trackman Wheel.

i actually have 3 of those, all broken, use to be a fav. :)

ploum
January 4th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Do you have the scroll wheel working on your Trackman Wheel*?

See https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/237318