PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Feh or glSlideshow with a clock overlay

mikeliketrike
December 30th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I'm new-ish to Linux and recently set up a digital photo frame using Ubuntu and glSlideshow which looks at a shared external drive for pictures. It works great as it is now, but I want to keep playing with it.

Is there anyway I can put something on top of either glSlideshow or Feh running as a full screen slideshow? I want to be able to make it so a clock is always viewable and is on top of the underlying slideshow.

I haven't been able to find a way to do it at this point, but it's Linux! There's got to be a way to play with the code to make it so it's fullscreen except this:

Thanks in advance for your help!

RedSingularity
December 30th, 2009, 01:51 AM
How about a screenlet clock? You can set it to appear above everything or you can set it to be a widget to appear when you press a certain key.

mikeliketrike
December 30th, 2009, 03:00 AM
just installed screenlets, but it stays behind xScreensaver and Feh at fullscreen in "slideshow mode". I have keep above enabled on the screenlet on the desktop.

RedSingularity
December 30th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Oh you want to have it above the screensaver? I am not sure how you can do that. I have never seen widgets above a screensaver.